Finally upgraded...

deerpassion

Hoyt makes some great bows. I used to shoot them exclusively up until the Alphamax years. I just didn't like their cam designs and the draw cycle.

What r u shootin these days?

But, can't deny they make nice bows...their mid-line bows are unreal good for the money if you like the draw cycle and hold.

Ever so often, a guy just has to go out and do it. I used to trade up bows almost every year. Not so much anymore. My old Matthews is probably considered an antique these days, but it is still killing deer and may be the last bow I will ever buy ...... assuming it doesn't blow up in my face from old age....lol. But I can remember the thrill of the "upgrade". It kind of makes you feel invincible and the excitement level for bow hunting increases almost two-fold. Believe me, I have a wall full of old bows and each one of them was a complete time of excitement when they were added to the rack.

I'm not psychic, but I know I can successfully predict that you will completely enjoy your new purchase and it will add to your enjoyment of the sport.

Ever so often, a guy just has to go out and do it. I used to trade up bows almost every year. Not so much anymore. My old Matthews is probably considered an antique these days, but it is still killing deer and may be the last bow I will ever buy ...... assuming it doesn't blow up in my face from old age....lol. But I can remember the thrill of the "upgrade". It kind of makes you feel invincible and the excitement level for bow hunting increases almost two-fold. Believe me, I have a wall full of old bows and each one of them was a complete time of excitement when they were added to the rack.

I'm not psychic, but I know I can successfully predict that you will completely enjoy your new purchase and it will add to your enjoyment of the sport.

i kind of treat my bows like cars. There needs to be something revolutionary or it just plain fails for me to upgrade. Is a new matthews have some nicer features than my switchback? is it a little faster, sure? buy my switchback works just fine.

Hoyt makes some great bows. I used to shoot them exclusively up until the Alphamax years. I just didn't like their cam designs and the draw cycle.

What r u shootin these days?

But, can't deny they make nice bows...their mid-line bows are unreal good for the money if you like the draw cycle and hold.

I shoot Elite. Have a pair of 2010 Z-28s in the stable that I don't plan on replacing any time soon.

One was under water in my flood. SInce Elite is local, I contacted them to have them get me the parts needing replacement (bows underwater need lots of part replacements, lol) They took the bow, completely disassembled it, new bearings, axles, new SS hardware, then reassambled, tuned and timed the bow. Went to pick it up, wallet in hand ready to pay for the parts/labor...Their engineer came out, walked me through what they replaced, why they did it, handed me the bow and said, "No charge...a flood is bad enough."

That's why I really have no desire to shoot anything else. I will say I know a couple people there, but there was no need to expect a freebie like this. Their bows shoot great.

• Like 4

I shoot Elite. Have a pair of 2010 Z-28s in the stable that I don't plan on replacing any time soon.

One was under water in my flood. SInce Elite is local, I contacted them to have them get me the parts needing replacement (bows underwater need lots of part replacements, lol) They took the bow, completely disassembled it, new bearings, axles, new SS hardware, then reassambled, tuned and timed the bow. Went to pick it up, wallet in hand ready to pay for the parts/labor...Their engineer came out, walked me through what they replaced, why they did it, handed me the bow and said, "No charge...a flood is bad enough."

That's why I really have no desire to shoot anything else. I will say I know a couple people there, but there was no need to expect a freebie like this. Their bows shoot great.

My buddy back home has an elite , shot it a few times and they are solid bows ! Well that was very nice of them to help you out like that , lord knows u've been through enough with the flood. Far stretch from the drought last year! Lookin forward to seein what you come up with this year ... My seasons already off to a great start with the new rig, the rest is just icing on the cake...

This year is going to be another feast or famine year for me. Almost all of my hunting properties have turned over except my lease, and my lease isn't holding the bucks like it was last season because of a crop rotation that is in play.

Really testing my skill sets to find a handful of good NY bucks to knock down this fall. Actually gotta find 2x the amount since I have a new solid hunting partner this year.

I think we'll do OK, just nervous at the moment. I need to lay some eyeballs on deer that I know should be around but haven't shown up yet on multiple parcels.

Enjoy the bow and get real close to it. I waded through 4-5 ft of water and searched on my hands and knees to find that bow before I left for the night. Like the marines, my bows never get left behind.

Congrats.. Hoyt is a great bow. I shot a Raptor for years (still have it). I bought a new bow a few years back and the only reason I didn't stick with Hoyt is because there were no dealers anywhere near me and I didn't want to order on line. Good luck.

After years of procrastination I finally pulled the trigger n upgraded to a Hoyt... Started out shootin gettin back into form for season , busted a cable slide n took a trip to the shop.. Next thing I know I'm walkin out with an invoice for a Hoyt charger ! Great value for the money ! Shot a demo n it's the smoothest draw n most solid back wall I've ever shot ... I've shot some Mathews n they are nice but this felt like butter baby ! Anyone own one a these gems ? Pick it up on the fifteenth, stoked for first blood with it..

Who'd you buy it from?

Niagara outdoors in north tonawanda , great bow shop

I agree.  We are lucky to have more than a couple great bow shops to deal with.  Jeff and his crew know their business.

I have a job to do three doors down from the shop in the next couple weeks.  I'll be stopping in, sans a checkbook though.......<grin>

I agree. We are lucky to have more than a couple great bow shops to deal with. Jeff and his crew know their business.

I have a job to do three doors down from the shop in the next couple weeks. I'll be stopping in, sans a checkbook though.......<grin>

Good luck with that lol ...

This year is going to be another feast or famine year for me. Almost all of my hunting properties have turned over except my lease, and my lease isn't holding the bucks like it was last season because of a crop rotation that is in play.

Really testing my skill sets to find a handful of good NY bucks to knock down this fall. Actually gotta find 2x the amount since I have a new solid hunting partner this year.

I think we'll do OK, just nervous at the moment. I need to lay some eyeballs on deer that I know should be around but haven't shown up yet on multiple parcels.

Enjoy the bow and get real close to it. I waded through 4-5 ft of water and searched on my hands and knees to find that bow before I left for the night. Like the marines, my bows never get left behind.

Oh if I could sleep with it I would ... Cool on the new hunt partner , wish ya'll luck ... Left my long time partner back in FL , still tryin to get him up here for a week , been rainin like a SOB down there , Everglades r flooded , closed a good number a WMA's cause of it ... Glad im Huntin up here this year , gonna be a rough one for them boys! U lost your permission on new owners? That blows ... Still appreciate you offering to take time out to meet up n find property when I first got here , but my forecast was correct , spent many nights after hours in the gross lab with the cadavers , just didn't think it was fair to u or the land owners to just show up now n then outa the blue , just wouldn't be able to take care a them chores wise ... Plus I'm up here alone with my golden retriever , by the time I drive out, sit an hour before light, put a few hours in the stand , n drive home that's way too long without let him out to begin with much less Huntin out by u... Somethin tells me u'll be aight come season... They'll show up mid oct - nov .. Little devils lol

Hey shawnhu whats wrong with missing/wounding a deer? you NEVER have??? I havnt yet but fully expect to someday... its part of hunting... just because the OP made a bad shot last yr is no reason to bring it up now...

Actually, Joe, I never have.

Not only did the OP make a bad shot last year, he also made some bad decisions that showed his character. Just pointing that out. Up to you fine folks to do with that as you will. But seems like from what you're saying, you're perfectly fine with that.

I do NOT promote making bad shot/decisions but it WILL happen to everyone at some point of another... its all part of hunting and im willing to give a fellow hunter some grace because i know that in a month or so from now i could do the EXACT same thing, not on purpose of course but still it could very well happen... 

• Like 1

I do NOT promote making bad shot/decisions but it WILL happen to everyone at some point of another... its all part of hunting and im willing to give a fellow hunter some grace because i know that in a month or so from now i could do the EXACT same thing, not on purpose of course but still it could very well happen...

Joe, my opinion on the matter, and its just that, an opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

If you set yourself up for failure, you will. Instead of planning to miss and shrug it off when you do, why not practice some more and not miss? Don't even think about missing, and maybe you won't. Some people will get it, others won't. It really comes down to respect for the game. So you decide.

But what this really is about is not a missed shot. It's about this person's character and how he went about his missed shot, his eagerness to brag a Doe kill, and not respecting the animal enough to follow through on a best effort search. Then he backtracks to try to cover it all up. Worst part of it all, he tries to make himself Mr passionate and lectures others about respect for deer.

Some food for thought.

Ever so often, a guy just has to go out and do it. I used to trade up bows almost every year. Not so much anymore. My old Matthews is probably considered an antique these days, but it is still killing deer and may be the last bow I will ever buy ...... assuming it doesn't blow up in my face from old age....lol. But I can remember the thrill of the "upgrade". It kind of makes you feel invincible and the excitement level for bow hunting increases almost two-fold. Believe me, I have a wall full of old bows and each one of them was a complete time of excitement when they were added to the rack.

For sure doc, have had my bow for 8 years now , 2nd one ever owned n when I saw that Hoyt I fell in love , great profile , draw , no creep, n little vibration that I could tell ... Just gonna make shooting and hunting that much more enjoyable ... Confident I'll use this bow for many many years to come .. Still makes me wonder what kinda bows r gonna be out 20 + yrs from now! They've come ALONG way since compound inception , can't imagine how they'll improve the technology , but like anything else they always do ...

Joe, my opinion on the matter, and its just that, an opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

If you set yourself up for failure, you will. Instead of planning to miss and shrug it off when you do, why not practice some more and not miss? Don't even think about missing, and maybe you won't. Some people will get it, others won't. It really comes down to respect for the game. So you decide.

But what this really is about is not a missed shot. It's about this person's character and how he went about his missed shot, his eagerness to brag a Doe kill, and not respecting the animal enough to follow through on a best effort search. Then he backtracks to try to cover it all up. Worst part of it all, he tries to make himself Mr passionate and lectures others about respect for deer.

Some food for thought.

This is EXACTLY what ive been trying to drill into my brothers head in regard to our games that we play at our annual martin family days... im team captain for the one team and my bro kinda has the idea "we cant win" i told him i would rather face the whole other team alone than with a team of people that thinks like him... i think he is starting to realize that "where there is a will there is a way" 

• Like 1

Ah the joys of a new bow, just UPS the excitement level like tying a new fly before a day out fishing, in the 20 years I've been bowhunting I've gone from a whitetail 2, to a high country Excalibur, parker ultralite, to now my Hoyt am32, last year i came to the conclusion buying a year old bow at 1/2 price is the way to go.. This industry depreciates waaaay to quick