better dump your ammo stockpile

Yes it does...... It is obvious what these little scum bags are trying to do. How often do we hear them speak out against inner city/gang gun violence? 99.99999% of which, by the way, is committed with illegally possessed guns. True scum bags.

And i'm 99.9% sure they are not walking into dicks to buy ammo.

what they'll be asking ammo manufacturers to do, is invest money into retooling their machines so they can stamp identifying marks onto ammo brass.......they'll just stop sending ammo to NY.

Not to sure what the heck this is going to do when you can go into PA and load up.  

Basically they are trying to create an environment in NYS where gun and ammo dealers and suppliers will refuse to sell guns and ammo in this state. They are going at it piece by piece, but it all is starting to be pretty darn effective. It's a bunch of incremental steps to smash the 2nd Amendment ..... and they are getting away with it.

• Like 1

Its not a law, it would have to pass the senate, assembly and governors desk first, as well as go through all of the committees. Dont get your feathers ruffled yet, just start writing letters.

Unless Mr Cuomo decides to use his so called emergency powers to try and sneak it through again!

I think the emergency powers so be re-defined to for end-of-the-world scenario's, natural disasters, and war-time needs like during WW II.  Any other use should be an impeachable offense and automatically re-tract the forced legisation.

Cuomo needs to be keep out of any additional political offices once his term is done.  We do not need any more trampling on any part of the Bill of Rights, Constitution, and state constitution.  NY may become the next police state.  People need to vote by their choice - no more vote because I am a party member of... or vote for XXX because my religious leader said to.  They need to vote for who is best for the state as a whole and that uphold the laws and rights for all citizens of this state.

If they truly want the gun crimes by the real criminals to go away,  hand-down 100-year sentences to all the gang-bangers and serial murderers and send them to an deserted atoll to live out their life . They obviously do not want be part of our society, so they can form their own there.  Or they can actually carry out the death sentences - none of this sitting on death row for 10 years of appeals and end up just sitting in prison for life.  You commit multiple murders, you get to face god earlier than intended.

Until then, we need to keep on our elected officials that we voted for (or got stuck with and are suppose to represent us) to use good judgement by providing them with the proper information to enact just laws and uphold the constitution that they are sworn to follow in their term governance.  If they step on our rights and support unjust laws, they get the boot from office the next election.

Meanwhile, my ammo is my ammo - 2 years old or 10 years old.  If you have a couple boxes same manufacturer, the shells/casings are the same.  What are you supposed to do if they enact this, disassemble and see which one has a code on the base?

The idiots in Albany need to have an actual firearms/ammunition expert give them an education.  Gee, isn't Remington in this state - they could send someone over to Albany.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Basically they are trying to create an environment in NYS where gun and ammo dealers and suppliers will refuse to sell guns and ammo in this state. They are going at it piece by piece, but it all is starting to be pretty darn effective. It's a bunch of incremental steps to smash the 2nd Amendment ..... and they are getting away with it.

And that is because people have complied with the unconstitutional infringements these laws have put on gun owners.  The laws go at it piece by piece, to see how many sheep will comply.  They chip away at your rights little by little, as if pulling feathers off a bird one at a time.  By the time the bird protests, it no longer has the ability to fly.

Declaring I will not comply doesn't mean you think the problem is solved.  It states to the government you find the law to be unjust and unconstitutional, and you are willing to defend your rights regardless of their oppressive law.

They are getting away with this sheit because too many of us ARE complying!  Guess why Prohibition didn't last.  People refused to comply!

• Like 1

And that is because people have complied with the unconstitutional infringements these laws have put on gun owners.  The laws go at it piece by piece, to see how many sheep will comply.  They chip away at your rights little by little, as if pulling feathers off a bird one at a time.  By the time the bird protests, it no longer has the ability to fly.

Declaring I will not comply doesn't mean you think the problem is solved.  It states to the government you find the law to be unjust and unconstitutional, and you are willing to defend your rights regardless of their oppressive law.

They are getting away with this sheit because too many of us ARE complying!  Guess why Prohibition didn't last.  People refused to comply!

I guess it all depends on how lightly you take becoming a felon. I mean it doesn't cost a thing to threaten to ignore laws, but it quickly becomes a whole different kettle of fish when the realities of what felony entails begins to clarify in your mind. Once it sinks in just what the penalties of felony convictions entail there usually is a very quick mind change. The thought of jail time can be a very sobering concept. The realization that a felony is a automatic way to lose all firearms ownership tends to finally silence the bold talk. The recognition as to how a felony conviction can totally ruin one's life in a very permanent fashion generally silences all the bold talk that is expended when the action is just a theoretical boast.

I have to say that it takes a lot less backbone to sit back and be satisfied with threatened non-compliance than it does to actually get out and become activist in legally fighting unjust laws. We currently have some very dedicated individuals and organizations doing exactly that right now here in NYS. They understand what it takes to realistically beat back illegal actions by government. They understand that it takes a lot more than some feigned bluster and empty threats of law-breaking. They are actually doing something positive toward changing a law. I applaud that. We are not a nation of Timothy McVeighs and Terry Nichols's thankfully. Becoming some kind of domestic terrorist is not exactly the path that I would choose to jump into without all of the legal remedies having been tried and failed. It all sounds so good on an internet forum but takes on an entirely different aspect when coming up in a trial. Frankly I see such idle talk of felony law-breaking as being just someone who either doesn't understand the consequences of what they are proposing, or some wack-job like the two individuals mentioned above who enjoy the thought of revolution. That is some pretty mentality that I would just as soon not be associated with ..... lol.

But you didn't think it was possible for you to be threatened with a felony conviction until after the law was passed. I remember many people saying that would never happen here. The doubt then, without the pre-emptive fight, is why we have these oppressive laws now.

So now you think you need to stand up and fight these unconstitutional laws in court? It took Washington, D.C. 30 years to finally have their handgun law declared unconstitutional.

Don't comply and concentrate on teaching the public what JURY NULLIFICATION is. There is no way this law is ever going to be repealed, no matter what NY gun owners do in the field, or in the courts. You have a choice now. Give up your guns or go to jail. I'm prepared to take the latter. Because I will not submit to tyranny, nor do I wish to live under it!

If you think that's an empty boast, you have no idea how pissed off a lot of NY gun owners are.

But you didn't think it was possible for you to be threatened with a felony conviction until after the law was passed. I remember many people saying that would never happen here.

You have never heard me say that or read any posts here or anywhere else that ever said that it would never happen here. I have been telling people for as long as I can remember that it is imperative that they support their advocacy groups and become active in these kinds of issues. I have been an advocate of writing letter, sending e-mails and making phone calls to fight infringement laws. And along with these admonishments, I have explained in very clear terms that if they do not, they will surely lose the rights that they believe are protected by the 2nd Amendment.

What I have found in all these years are that hunters and outdoorsmen in general are an apathetic bunch (probably worse than any other segment of our population) and most likely we get what we deserve because of it. That is also the awareness that makes me understand how silly this talk of revolution and uprising truly is. We can't even get them to join the NRA, and we expect them to go to jail for their ideals? Ha .... don't make me laugh. I find that most of these quasi-militant people are simply making boastful empty threats and then walking away patting themselves on the back feeling like they have really done something. These are the people who do not join advocacy organizations and do not try to influence legislators with communications, and never really do get officially counted as being on one side of the issue or the other. That is how we get into the situations and losses that we find ourselves in. Government policy and positions are not changed by bluster and impractical threats, nor do you pick up allies and believers by taking ridiculous extremist positions. About the only thing that is accomplished with extremist views is to alienate the bulk of the population and set up a hard-core resistance to listening to anything we have to say. The label of "wacko" is a hard one to shed once it has been applied. Those that try to portray that end of the spectrum do not do us gun owners any favors. We automatically get thrown into that wacko category simply by association. Do you think that McVeigh and Nichols did us any good? They are half the problem. Nowadays whenever anyone sees a so-called "black gun" discussion those are the guys who come into the minds of the average citizen. I have no ambitions to become associated with those guys by spouting the same brands of extremist revolutionary crap. They are the ones that have made government incursions easy.

I may be a bit naïve, but I do still believe in our system of government. Lord help us from those that would trash it. I really do fear what they would put in its place.

I don't disagree with what you say Doc, but when all of the legal and political resources are exhausted and we have been trashed, what will you do? Toss in the towel on top of your pile of confiscated guns, or fight whatever way you are left to fight? When they start taking away the guns, it's gonna get ugly.

When Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty, or give me death", he was given death, but he died an honorable death ONCE. Cowards (and sheep) die a thousand deaths over their lifetimes.

If we lose this fight in the end, we have nothing left to lose! Then you can either fight, or become a slave.

• Like 2

I don't disagree with what you say Doc, but when all of the legal and political resources are exhausted and we have been trashed, what will you do? Toss in the towel on top of your pile of confiscated guns, or fight whatever way you are left to fight? When they start taking away the guns, it's gonna get ugly.

When Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty, or give me death", he was given death, but he died an honorable death ONCE. Cowards (and sheep) die a thousand deaths over their lifetimes.

If we lose this fight in the end, we have nothing left to lose! Then you can either fight, or become a slave.

Yes, there is a correct order to things. Some want to exhaust those legal and political resources before throwing out the baby with the bath-water. Others just want to simply tear things down, cross their fingers and see what happens to come out of the ash pile.

The correct order of things has become a stacked deck. The correct order will have all of the citizens firearms confiscated prior to people revolting, and by then it's too late.

The citizens that do not own guns today are not slaves because of those of us who do.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

-George Orwell

Go back to having leaders that follow the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights and we know what we will have after the storm.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

I have listened to people most of my life ready to violate the law because they believed the law was wrong, immoral, or unjust.

You do know  that some child abusers truly believe that they have the right to violate the laws because they feel that the government has no right to tell them who to have sex with.(extreme example). Tax evaders believe they shouldn't be taxed. Gang members believe that they have been deprived, etc.

It all sounds good, standing up for your principles, fighting the system, etc. However, when you are arrested and handcuffed I assure you that you will think differently. You will be a different person from that day forward.

After you are processed you will be taken to the correctional facility, and when that thick steel door slams behind you, you will realize that it is a sound that you will never forget.

The men in  jump suits, possibly orange, parading  in the facility won't be hunters, they will be men like you,if you are convicted, felons.(Getting caught with illegal firearms would probably be a slam dunk conviction.)

You may be convicted of having an illegal firearm, or similar charge, which on paper will read like the conviction of gang members for the same crime. No distinction .

While you are incarcerated who will support your family ? Will they go on welfare? You can't support them in prison. I guess they can get cheap housing somewhere near the prison where some of the other inmates wives live. Maybe they can find some good welfare home. Most of the money you have will be paid to your attorney. You'll think a whole lot different about welfare housing while your family is living there.

At school the kids will talk about your child's father, who is in prison. Unless, however, they live in some welfare housing, where hopefully it'll be more accepted. I guess your wives can make some new friends in the neighborhood, especially those who also have felons for husbands.

But you guys are tough, you think you can take it. I guess you never realized that the mob and other, gang  informants, etc. turned because prison was too much for them. AND some of those guys are tough, real tough, and some killers !!

You think people will care about your principles, yeah, maybe a few, but most of us will forget you in a heartbeat. You will be social conversation for a little while then in a few weeks, know one will remember you, or your cause.

REMEMBER the guys who fled to Canada during the Vietnam Era, name 5 of them. Can you name anyone killed, or injured at Kent State ? No one really  cares.

Even the NRA will have to turn on you ,if you are convicted,because they don't want convicted felons to have firearms.

I know I'm ranting, but my point is that a violation of law is not something that is, or will be, taken lightly, and the consequences are severe.

• Like 3

But you didn't think it was possible for you to be threatened with a felony conviction until after the law was passed. I remember many people saying that would never happen here. The doubt then, without the pre-emptive fight, is why we have these oppressive laws now.

So now you think you need to stand up and fight these unconstitutional laws in court? It took Washington, D.C. 30 years to finally have their handgun law declared unconstitutional.

Don't comply and concentrate on teaching the public what JURY NULLIFICATION is. There is no way this law is ever going to be repealed, no matter what NY gun owners do in the field, or in the courts. You have a choice now. Give up your guns or go to jail. I'm prepared to take the latter. Because I will not submit to tyranny, nor do I wish to live under it!

If you think that's an empty boast, you have no idea how pissed off a lot of NY gun owners are.

You should watch what you say and reveal on the internet. I've heard that shooting, hunting and numerous other forums are being monitored in NY state, I hope what I heard is tin foil hat paranoia but you never know.

I have listened to people most of my life ready to violate the law because they believed the law was wrong, immoral, or unjust.

You do know  that some child abusers truly believe that they have the right to violate the laws because they feel that the government has no right to tell them who to have sex with.(extreme example). Tax evaders believe they shouldn't be taxed. Gang members believe that they have been deprived, etc.

It all sounds good, standing up for your principles, fighting the system, etc. However, when you are arrested and handcuffed I assure you that you will think differently. You will be a different person from that day forward.

After you are processed you will be taken to the correctional facility, and when that thick steel door slams behind you, you will realize that it is a sound that you will never forget.

The men in  jump suits, possibly orange, parading  in the facility won't be hunters, they will be men like you,if you are convicted, felons.(Getting caught with illegal firearms would probably be a slam dunk conviction.)

You may be convicted of having an illegal firearm, or similar charge, which on paper will read like the conviction of gang members for the same crime. No distinction .

While you are incarcerated who will support your family ? Will they go on welfare? You can't support them in prison. I guess they can get cheap housing somewhere near the prison where some of the other inmates wives live. Maybe they can find some good welfare home. Most of the money you have will be paid to your attorney. You'll think a whole lot different about welfare housing while your family is living there.

At school the kids will talk about your child's father, who is in prison. Unless, however, they live in some welfare housing, where hopefully it'll be more accepted. I guess your wives can make some new friends in the neighborhood, especially those who also have felons for husbands.

But you guys are tough, you think you can take it. I guess you never realized that the mob and other, gang  informants, etc. turned because prison was too much for them. AND some of those guys are tough, real tough, and some killers !!

You think people will care about your principles, yeah, maybe a few, but most of us will forget you in a heartbeat. You will be social conversation for a little while then in a few weeks, know one will remember you, or your cause.

REMEMBER the guys who fled to Canada during the Vietnam Era, name 5 of them. Can you name anyone killed, or injured at Kent State ? No one really  cares.

Even the NRA will have to turn on you ,if you are convicted,because they don't want convicted felons to have firearms.

I know I'm ranting, but my point is that a violation of law is not something that is, or will be, taken lightly, and the consequences are severe.

Damn Grey, yer scarin me with that talk, I say stop it and stop it now!

Let’s not all go nuts here it’s not a law, and till January there is no way they can know how much ammo anyone has and how long you have had it. Even after January unless they take lot numbers from every box and come to your house to check if you are holding it or have shot it up, and you can go to some other state and by ammo. It’s just like 30 round mags they will never know how many are out there they aren’t tracked for that matter they have no clue on how many of the “bad” guns are out there. If say an AR was bought by you from a person in PA. and not a gun shop or you moved here from PA they would never know you had one unless you got caught with it.

Let’s not all go nuts here it’s not a law, and till January there is no way they can know how much ammo anyone has and how long you have had it. Even after January unless they take lot numbers from every box and come to your house to check if you are holding it or have shot it up, and you can go to some other state and by ammo. It’s just like 30 round mags they will never know how many are out there they aren’t tracked for that matter they have no clue on how many of the “bad” guns are out there. If say an AR was bought by you from a person in PA. and not a gun shop or you moved here from PA they would never know you had one unless you got caught with it.

It is true that without probable cause, what I have in my house will likely never be known by the authorities. But, I do like to take my guns outside to actually shoot them and hunt with them. I do like to talk about my guns. I do periodically actually buy a new gun. I do occasionally have to upgrade my stocks of reloading components. In other words, not everything about my guns and ammo (and clips) stays in the house or is completely unknown to anyone who wants to pay attention. I will say that a gun that I have to build into the walls of my house hardly seems like a very wise use of my money. What good is it to spend good money on stuff that you can't use or even display?

I hate to see people take comfort from the fact that they can secretly hide weapons from the law inside their house. The fact that I can wall-up my guns and ammo doesn't really console me much. I would rather see people take all that resolve and put it toward repealing the laws that cause you to even think that way.