Trail cameras

apoallo

Does any one else get paranoid that a trail camera they just put into a new spot will get taken?? I bought one finally and just put it out yesterday now I can't stop thinking about it and wanna check on it to make sure it's still there

I don't bother locking them.

Almost every stand and cam I've had stolen has been locked. The ones that are not have a much higher rate of staying where they are for some reason. Spending money on locks just means you are out more money after they cut them.

I was just thinking about that today in fact...have a spot I wanted to put the new camera when it comes...... but thinking I'll switch one of the older "buck cams" in that spot and the new cam to watch the buck activity... a little concerned about ppl sneaking in...awful lot of activity as of late....never seen before vehicles ...ppl  we've never seen suddenly walking dogs up the hill.. :fie: ......

It's not always just paranoia. There are filthy, rotten, disgusting, revolting, putrid, scum-bag, wandering shreds of human debris, thieves out there. Unfortunately, no matter where you go these days, even in the woods, these pieces of filth are there to demonstrate exactly how low some people  can be. I had a camera stolen, out in the woods, and I had my "repeal the safe act" sign stolen from beside the road. I have no illusions anymore about the honesty and integrity of people. Assume the worst and you probably will not be real far off.

• Like 1

Do i worry? Yes kinda sort of. Although I've never had anything taken since I've hunted my spot starting sometime in the late '80 s .

Land is posted ,watched over I hunt between 2 roads houses on both roads, have to,park on road and walk at least 1,000 feet to get to where I hunt, most " stuff" is in cover.

Yet every time I approach I get a little nervous .......

Agreed phade.........If someone wants it bad enough , they'll get it.

Also agreed, but I still put the lock on so the first passing its not an easy pick , make em think twice about goin all the way back to the truck to get the clippers , n then all the way back out ... Most a my stands are hard to get to , but ya if they really want it it's gone ... Just bought two screw in cam mounts n put em about 12 feet up , hopefully they don't notice them since they're out of line of sight , but if they do there gonna have to climb for em lol...

i am 6 foot 1 and I put my cam at an arms length higher then my height pointing down at an angle towards a trail. I am more concerned about the people whose houise butts against the wooded lot. I noticed a large brush pile  from someone dumping yard stuff the peoples sheds are against the wooded edge. I went in around 930am Monday morning in hopes that everyone left for work and nobody would see me go in or out.

the property is not huge it took me about 15 to 20minutes to go from one end of the area to the other. so Id say about 15 maybe 20 acres 25 at the max. I don't mind having i tin there for a week then taking it out. just as long as I see some activity on the SD card then.