opinions needed for new bow

tommyc50

my cams went on my 08 pse deer hunter bow considering buying a new compound in the $400-500 in change price range  i like pse but then again its all i  shot  so i have no real opinion on bows have a set budgetso cant go much higher  than $500 my pro shop has the pse choas  ready to go and the brute  ready to go .

Shoot a bunch of sifferent bows in your price range at an archery shop. Which ever is most comfortable in your hand while holding and drawing, shooting with eyes open and closed is the one you want. Its all about fit... not manufactures.....

• Like 2

Since you know draw length already, I would consider a used elite - hunter, answer or others.  Plenty to be had for decent prices on the elite forum or AT.  I found a new prime shift on ebay (2012) for $500 fully set up.  That was a $1000 bow without the accessories last year.  I did have to tune it.  I really like the prime draw cycle, but it has more hump than the elites.

Honestly I would never buy new. You can pick up a used elite hunter, Hoyt, Mathews all far superior to a pse brute on the classified section of archerytalk

I agree.....a bow that cost $1000.00 brand new will cost a fraction of that used, I don't think they hold their value very well....... a lot of guys have money to upgrade every year, you can find a pretty good deal if you look around.

Edited by jjb4900

Shoot as many as you can in and around your price point- I would recommend bowtech assassin -

What ever you pick google it for sale , eBay, amazon or AT- and here- you can probably get a really good rig with extras for less than you cap- which you will need to get it set up at a proshop

My .02

Good luck

Shoot as many as you can in and around your price point- I would recommend bowtech assassin -

What ever you pick google it for sale , eBay, amazon or AT- and here- you can probably get a really good rig with extras for less than you cap- which you will need to get it set up at a proshop

My .02

Good luck