A little ticked

Woodjr55

So I bought a used bow off the interweb and shot it last weekend (first time shooting a compound) I thought it started to sound funny so I brought to a local shop to have it tuned up. Also the sight was loose and wanted a d loop put on it. Dropped it off Monday and the guy said it will be ready by Wednesday. I thought great I just need it for the weekend bc I'm heading to camp for 4 days and I want to sight it in and practice. Well stopped in today and he hasnt even touched the bow and said well it may be done tomorrow if not Tuesday for sure. I khow that this guy is prolly swamped right now this close to the season but I hate it when people tell you one thing and do the opposite. Well I told the guy what he had told me and he said he'll have it done tomorrow morning... ( was planing on leaving tonight) guess my plans have changed. This guy seems to have certain customers that when they stop in he'll drop what ever he is doing to help them out. I just hope he does everything he told me he was going to do otherwise I need a new bow shop lol

Sorry for the rant just hate when plans change

I know how you feel. I had the same thing happen at the florist when we needed flowers for my fiance's grandmothers funeral. I think the florist was scared because we were not too happy. They had 2 days to do a 10 minute job.

Anyways, I hope your rig comes outta the shop ready to rock!

Good luck on the bow. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with someone else's problem. I carry a set of Allen's and blue loctite with me at all times now.

Are they going to paper tune it as well?

If you have some paper, Allen wrenches, and a local autozone nearby for some loctite, you can probably do everything yourself with a proper target.

Let me know if it comes to that.

You only wanted a D loop and to tighten your sight right? If its not ready by tomorrow, I'd ask to buy D loop material, then I'd bring it to a hardware store and have someone sell you a

Set of Allen's in Standard Size, not metric and ask for Blue Loctite.

From there, you can give me a ring and I'll walk you through it.

If you're so inclined, you can also purchase a target block at the archery store while you're at it if you wanted to paper tune. I can help you with that as well.

If it can wait, purchase these materials elsewhere, as I don't usually like to give my money to businesses that don't treat their customers right. Everything can be purchased from Amazon. I'll PM you.

Edited by shawnhu

You know bow shops are not the only ones that pull this kind of trick. It's getting harder and harder to get anyone to honor their commitments. They seem to tell you whatever you need to hear when you drop off the items and then calmly tell you that it's not ready when you show up. I've had the same thing happen with people telling me over the phone they have something in stock and when I get there to buy it, it's not there. Doctors appointments are another example. Don't you be late or you're in trouble, but be ready to cool your heels for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour or more when you show up on time. Lawn equipment repair? .... When is the last time any of those guys ever completed a job on the time that they originally quoted? And on and on .....

I do try to take care of these things during whatever off-season time that may apply, but sometimes you just don't have that option. A shop keeper should have enough experience to estimate how busy he will be and should give you an honest estimate. You may not like that honest estimate, but the end attitude toward the outfit is a lot worse when you are lied to.

You know bow shops are not the only ones that pull this kind of trick. It's getting harder and harder to get anyone to honor their commitments. They seem to tell you whatever you need to hear when you drop off the items and then calmly tell you that it's not ready when you show up. I've had the same thing happen with people telling me over the phone they have something in stock and when I get there to buy it, it's not there. Doctors appointments are another example. Don't you be late or you're in trouble, but be ready to cool your heels for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour or more when you show up on time. Lawn equipment repair? .... When is the last time any of those guys ever completed a job on the time that they originally quoted? And on and on .....

I do try to take care of these things during whatever off-season time that may apply, but sometimes you just don't have that option. A shop keeper should have enough experience to estimate how busy he will be and should give you an honest estimate. You may not like that honest estimate, but the end attitude toward the outfit is a lot worse when you are lied to.

Doc I would have much rather have a honest opinion. This guy isn't the only shop in town. I just we there bc I took my bow coarse there and my brother said he's good

Shawnhu. I have no idea what paper tuning is.

If the bows not ready tomorrow should I take it from the shop and see if one of the big box stores can just throw a D loop on and the other stuff I need done?

I heard a bunch of guys say its not necessary, ive never bothered w it myself 

You can get a roll of serving string, d loop material, Allen wrenches, and needle nose pliars for around $50. Buy these and then check the web for videos on how to tie d loops, peep sights, put in new serving, etc. This way you can do the small stuff yourself. I even made my own bow holder. I used to have the pro shop do everything for me. But after a few years of dropping it off and waiting 3, 4, or more days for simple stuff to get done, I learned how to do it myself. Still take the bow in now and then so they can look the limbs over and check cams. If you know someone who can do all this, ask them to show you. Good luck.

• Like 1