New Rifle Mimics Machine Gun's Rapid Fire -- and It's Legal

BizCT

I have shot a slide fire .223.  It takes some getting used to for sure.  I could only get it to rapid fire in spurts.  Definitely not useful for accuracy.

Not sure that it was the brand name "slide fire" but it was a sliding stock that bumped your finger into the trigger on recoil.

Edited by moog5050

There are slide fire videos on youtube,including one showing a drum fed 12 gauge. The gun just about drives the guy out of the video frame with recoil.It looks like fun way to fire a gun, but no practical use that I can see.

Except for the anti gun people :)

Isn't that the truth. Right now, most anti-gun people probably aren't even aware of this. I find they are seldom well-versed on what they rant and rave about. However, it would appear that we are intent on parading this kind of stuff in front of them so they can start looking at (and targeting) semi-autos in a new way.

A guy I work with has a bump stock on his AK 47 ,he has fun with it. To him firing one at a time looking at the target and repeating would be a boring waste of time and ammo.....

Oh sorry all his guns like that were lost in a boating accident right after the safe act passed.

• Like 1

I really have tried to understand the fun of burning up ammo as fast as possible. I have heard this kind of thing going on down on the state land, and to me it really sounds like throwing money away. But what the heck, it's their money. I'm more of an accuracy fanatic, and bench-rest shooting is my thing. I'm not really all that great at it, but I like to tweak up my skills and see what those rifles will really do.