Friendly doe

Catskill Hunter

Ok LOL you keep carrying your dinky 308 WHILE bowhunting...I ASSume " dinky " means your gun lmao

Again, I never said I carry it while bow hunting. My handgun is small, and concealable, which is why its my daily carry piece. Anymore lame attempts at witty remarks Mr Lawbreaker?

Dont you have more deer to go feed and condition to humans so you can blast them out of your back window in a couple of weeks?

Seems like every year someone tries to back pedal after getting called out for feeding. It's always a newbie too. It's simple really, don't break the law and surely don't video/ picture share your actions. It's not that everyone is trying to be rude to you, it's foolish to condition a deer after many people put in hours upon hours. Take a moment and read the thread on food plots and pictures of people who legally put time into hunting. Why would you start off the thread saying you shook the apple tree and she came out, obviously it isn't a cornapple tree so don't lie. It's no different then when bear are baited, ring the bell its time for dinner. Get over it, thicken your skin. You got called out on something, you apologized now just stop fueling the fire. Read through the rest of the forum and learn from your lesson. This is a great site for information and hopefully you will be a better person for being a member of it. If not, well I guess that just shows your character. 

• Like 2

Seems like every year someone tries to back pedal after getting called out for feeding. It's always a newbie too. It's simple really, don't break the law and surely don't video/ picture share your actions. It's not that everyone is trying to be rude to you, it's foolish to condition a deer after many people put in hours upon hours. Take a moment and read the thread on food plots and pictures of people who legally put time into hunting. Why would you start off the thread saying you shook the apple tree and she came out, obviously it isn't a cornapple tree so don't lie. It's no different then when bear are baited, ring the bell its time for dinner. Get over it, thicken your skin. You got called out on something, you apologized now just stop fueling the fire. Read through the rest of the forum and learn from your lesson. This is a great site for information and hopefully you will be a better person for being a member of it. If not, well I guess that just shows your character. 

How is admitting several times what he did and that he was wrong back pedaling ? You have a guy here that admits to carrying a firearm while bowhunting, which is illegal, calling names like he is exempt from hunting legally, He asks to read the game laws and I did, I copied it, here it is 

" While bowhunting during a bow season, you may not possess a firearm of any description. "

Why isnt everyone calling HIM out on it ?  Instead you are sticking up for him ! Please someone answer that without calling names!!

People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks!

I didnt lie, I shook the tree and she walked out of the woods. Seems like the name callers are fueling the fire. How many times do i need to apologize? Can't please everyone I guess.

Handgun while bow hunting, that is a big game reference and does not pertain to small game hunting as I know it...  However that would be up to the officer checking the person with the bow out I believe.  Otherwise YES we would be calling him out. 

Like you said Catskill hunter we all do SOMETHING at one point that was illegal yet most of us try our best to follow the regulations as we understand them.  Many times those illegal activities are by accident.  Most ethical hunters follow the regulations to the best of their ability, we all know that illegal activity can be rampant in some area's and that can really spool our time in the woods.  Seeing someone post an illegal activity will always get a negative response, no one is calling for a hanging so your fine...  Be ethical, responsible to your game and true to yourself and the sport. 

If seeing game is what you want plant some nice food in front of the window for perfect viewing, it will work better and be legal.  Bushes and dare I say apple trees are great.  Don't worry about the negativity, join in the conversation and enjoy the site...

We are ethical, responsible and have the highest respect for our game, sometime we go overboard to protect them this includes internet forums especially.  Good topic, glade it was clean, let all move on because HUNTING season is soooo close!!! 

Now does anyone know where I can get 2 - 50lbs bags of corn and apples for my ADK hunt?  LOL  Sorry just figured I would try to get a laugh... 

My first year of hunting, I'll admit that I've made a few mistakes.  It got pointed out to me.  I responded with the "Oh snaps!  I didn't know!  Thanks for letting me know.  I sure won't be doing that again."  It was simple as that.  I think I get along pretty well with the fine people of this forum.

I'm not sure what the big appeal is to all this "gotcha" kind of flaming. It is obvious that there are a lot of people who incorrectly think that baiting only applies to hunting situations, because every so many weeks we have to go through these kinds of flame-fests. It would seem to me that a proper response when an illegal act is spotted would be to simply state that the act is illegal and let it go at that. Kind of like hunters educating hunters. The appropriate reply to that would be, "Ok, I didn't know that and it will not happen again". Why this is always handled with sarcasm  and accusations and counter-accusations, I'll never figure out. To me it is obvious that the original poster never realized that he had just posted a picture of an illegal act. I will say that any of us that thinks we know all of the conservation laws is very mistaken. Even the game-cops don't always know it all.

• Like 2

How is admitting several times what he did and that he was wrong back pedaling ? You have a guy here that admits to carrying a firearm while bowhunting, which is illegal, calling names like he is exempt from hunting legally, He asks to read the game laws and I did, I copied it, here it is 

" While bowhunting during a bow season, you may not possess a firearm of any description. "

Why isnt everyone calling HIM out on it ?  Instead you are sticking up for him ! Please someone answer that without calling names!!

People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks!

Calling me out on what? I never said whether or not I carry while Im bow hunting. I said I hunt other game with a firearm during bow season, which is perfectly legal, or dont you know what the regulations are? The person in the thread that has actually broken the game laws got called out, and you are sticking up for him. Pot, meet kettle...

BTW, he isnt back peddling as much as trying to make excuses for himself. Just friggin man up and admit what you did and stop with the excuses. The thread would have ended long ago if he didnt start with that.

Let's follow what Doc said and let it go. We all love this sport and are very passionate about it. I have been in CH's position on this site, not for a picture or video, but for what I believe really happens at sunrise and sunset. (legal hunting hours) Everyone means well but the thread is getting all twisted. I want to see more food plot picts WNY, CH more of the friendly doe w/o the corn and I'm heading to camp this weekend to check cams that have been out for a month. I'll post as soon as I get back. Got to love hunting, brings out the beast in us!! lol

• Like 2

Calling me out on what? I never said whether or not I carry while Im bow hunting. I said I hunt other game with a firearm during bow season, which is perfectly legal, or dont you know what the regulations are? The person in the thread that has actually broken the game laws got called out, and you are sticking up for him. Pot, meet kettle...

BTW, he isnt back peddling as much as trying to make excuses for himself. Just friggin man up and admit what you did and stop with the excuses. The thread would have ended long ago if he didnt start with that.

He manned up right away, and he was only referring to YOUR post where you used the words WHILE BOWHUNTING. if you made a mistake and want to change it to DURING BOWSEASON then you have that right here as much as everyone else explain themselves. As I said I do not condone what he did but as the previous posts states I feel the video does not prove he deserves all the name calling. Once someone is man enough to admit his mistake that should be the end of it.

I will not post on this thread anymore as I feel I made my point....maybe not but I do not need to have the last word here.

Please read the "sad story" thread to put things in perspective and lets wish everyone a very safe and successful season. If we dont stick together and take care of our sport who will ??

To sum up,

putting food out for deer is illegal

Posting a pic or video of an illegal act is not too smart in a public forum, do so at your own risk.

Some people do not understand that there are other seasons going on at the same time as bow season (small game, coyote) which you are allowed to carry a firearm.

Wny may or may not have carried a pistol while bow hunting although I fail to see why that has anything to do with a video of an illegal act of feeding deer.

Its ok with some to break game laws if its only a little broken..(ie a cup of corn)

If you want a pat on the back and some one to wipe your tears when you get caught breaking the law red handed, don't expect it here.

• Like 3