Ohio bow hunting

chiefbkt

Met up with a good buddy today to discuss the upcoming hunting season. Just as we were getting ready to leave he says oh yeah, if you want we can go hunt Ohio this year. I almost died, and said what the hell do you mean? So he finished by saying his bosses brother lives there, has ~600 acres, and barely has time to hunt due to his job. His boss goes out every year and can never get anyone to go along with him. So he asked my buddy and told him to ask a couple of his. Now this makes 2 of my buddies that have "Ohio connections." Like I said before, there's no way I can get out this year, but next year is a different story. I'm hoping its not too good to be true, only time will tell.

• 4 months later...

Been on the phone with my buddy and it looks like were gonna make it happen this fall! Planning on going out this spring and scouting then hunting this fall. Looking at November 6-10, should be a good time of year there. He's thinking there will be 4 of us total on the property. They killed 2 bucks there this fall, one a ~130" eight and the other a ~140" nine point. Said they saw some big ones scouting including three ~150"+ deer and one possible B&C buck. Let's hope its all he says it is. I'm Pumped!

Those dates can be anywhere from OK to great. What county?

I tend to find you can get an idea of movement based on taking your experience here in NY and moving it back about 5-7 days to get the "general" activity in Ohio, with the further south being as much as 10 days behind.

I think the second and heading into the third week in November to be best for most all parts of Ohio save for the northern sections for the larger bucks.

Those dates can be anywhere from OK to great. What county?

I tend to find you can get an idea of movement based on taking your experience here in NY and moving it back about 5-7 days to get the "general" activity in Ohio, with the further south being as much as 10 days behind.

I think the second and heading into the third week in November to be best for most all parts of Ohio save for the northern sections for the larger bucks.

The land is about 3-5 miles east/southeast of Zanesville on the Muskingum and Guernsey county line. With the majority of it being in Muskingum. It's not far from the Ohio power property and I think may butt up to a small portion of it. We're talking about heading out in May/June to scout and hang cameras. I'm gonna need to invest in the covert cell phone cams to get the pictures! Should be fun.

The land is about 3-5 miles east/southeast of Zanesville on the Muskingum and Guernsey county line. With the majority of it being in Muskingum. It's not far from the Ohio power property and I think may butt up to a small portion of it. We're talking about heading out in May/June to scout and hang cameras. I'm gonna need to invest in the covert cell phone cams to get the pictures! Should be fun.

That is a great area. I wouldnt scout in may...wayy too late. Itll be miserable and green. You should be there in march.

Been on the phone with my buddy and it looks like were gonna make it happen this fall! Planning on going out this spring and scouting then hunting this fall. Looking at November 6-10, should be a good time of year there. He's thinking there will be 4 of us total on the property. They killed 2 bucks there this fall, one a ~130" eight and the other a ~140" nine point. Said they saw some big ones scouting including three ~150"+ deer and one possible B&C buck. Let's hope its all he says it is. I'm Pumped!

Lucky bass terd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk