Malware

erussell

Anyone else get Malware dumped on there computer off this site Sunday? I brought my computer up and logged on Sunday morning and stepped away from the computer to get some coffee and came back just as it was done down loading it. My computer is screwed now, guess I should have sprung for the Virus protection  :)  Was it somekind of anti hunter attack or something? Or am I the only one who experienced this? I tried logging on a couple times tonight and it kept telling me it was a dangerous site. Now it seems to be okay.

You arent the only one to get the messages, but dont worry, no malware or spyware infected anyone, at least that I have heard of. The message you got was due to either a Google scan picking up something it thought was malicious, or someone reported the site as such. I notified John of it Saturday, and he has yet to find anything wrong with the site. The message only comes up in Firefox, and you can get around it by changing your security settings. I am pretty sure John has been working on getting rid of it.

On my home computer, the site is described as potentially dangerous and will not permit me to access the site unles I change the security settings which is not a good idea. However, my work computer does not indicate that there is a problem.

Yeah I  got security tooled because I wasn't paying attention and had walked away from the computer and was unable to hit stop before it was to late. But I didn't have any virus protection so my bad. :(

Are you talking about one of the fake antivirus programs or just the Maroonish screen that popped up when you tried to get to the site? If thats what you mean (the security warning), then you do not have any malware, thats a Firefox message. If you did get spyware, please post what it is called (antivirus 2011, etc). That will make it easier to track down.

Its called security tool, a nasty little pain in the Arse I wont be able to get rid of till I get Anti Virus / malware put on my computer again. Look it up on the net there is a billion sites that tell you how to get rid of it. the only problem is mines not hiding where it should be.

Well , I wasn't the only one then . But mine happened Saturday night .

I got zapped by "Security Tool" .... The message read something like this :

Spyware IEMonster was actively detected . This is Spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer , Mozilla , Firefox , etc ..

Click to remove it immediately .

It gave me a choice to run in an "Unsecure Mode" but the warning kept popping up . It wouldn't go away and the Security Tool had an $80 price on it .

alt=madhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/angry_table_puter.gif[/img]

Late Sunday am , I was able to get hold of my son in law that works with computers and he told me not to do buy the Security Tool as that would give the computer the Virus . That is how the bastards infect your machine . We tried different stuff and the malware had the computer running at almost a standstill . My VIPER antivirus showed No Problem . I asked my son in law about doing a System Restore at an earlier date . He said to try it to see if I could . I did a System Restore for Oct 21 and it got rid of the Security Tool gizmo . Then I did a DEER SCAN with VIPER that took almost 2 hours .

For any of you that still have the problem , try the SYSTEM RESTORE on your computer .

Ok, I see what it is. Delt with it before. You can do a restore if you have it enabled through windows or you can download "rkill.exe" and "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" to your PC. Place the Rkill on your desktop and reboot into "safe mode with networking". Run Rkill 3 or 4 times in a row, then open Malwarebytes, update it and run a full scan. Remove anything it finds and you should be all set. Reboot, surf and be merry.  ;)

Do any of you remember where on the site you were when it happened?

I don't recall where I was on the site but my son in law , who works computer systems for a living , said that sometimes you can get zapped by these malwares when your mouse passes over some ads , etc without evening opening them . Scarey how the Computer Nerds can cripple systems !  alt=BANGhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/snipersmiley.gif[/img]...alt=BANGhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/snipersmiley.gif[/img]

It happened to me Saturday night. In order for me to view the site I have to disable the setting "block reported attack sites" in Firefox under security. I just enabled the setting and Firefox would not let me on the site. Disabled it again and here I am. Someone must have reported the site as an attack site. I hope it gets fixed soon. It is a pain disabling and enabling the setting when I want to come here.

Eddie, did you try the Rkill/Malwarebytes solution? If so, try it again after you have disabled system restore, then when you are done, re-enable system restore. Vipre Antivirus isnt going to get it done alone. Just trying to save you some time.  :)

Heres the link to Rkill, just scroll about half way down the page and click on the link that says "rkill.com download link"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool

Here is Malwarebytes

http://malwarebytes.org/