stand chair odor????

firehunter48

Hey everyone......hope someone will be able to help me out here.

I have recently had some pretty nasty back issues and am no longer able to sit in my old reliable metal ladder stand because it was to uncomfortable with the back issues. My father built me this really nice large wooden stand a couple of months ago(all fresh PT lumber, more solid than then the ladder stand) that is large enough that i can put a chair in to be more comfortable and put it in the same spot. The deer are beyond used to it by now as we have trial cam pics of deer literally standing at the base of the ladder.post-999-0-64846200-1380650341_thumb.jpg Wasnt able to find a chair that I liked to fit my needs in the satnd that would be small enough so ended up making one out of scrap 2x4's from the garage. So to take the "shine" out of the wood, I sprayed it with flat black and a couple squirts of white to break it up a little bit.

The big question I have is, how the hell do I get the spray paint odor out of it? I just sprayed it with Scent-a-way and hoping that'll help but am unsure as to what the results will be.

ANY suggestions on how to get it to stop smelling like spray paint?

i would just leave it outside and eventually the smell will wear off.

I agree. The smell will go away. I would spray it with more scent away or whatever product you like once the paint smell is gone. You might try rubbing some fresh pine needles on it also.

I think most will think my question was a joke, but I really would like to know which odor would be worse while trying to hunt deer?  Maybe Phade and Belo could continue their argument from the other thread and chime in on what effects the different odors would have on bedding bucks for example??

I think most will think my question was a joke, but I really would like to know which odor would be worse while trying to hunt deer?  Maybe Phade and Belo could continue their argument from the other thread and chime in on what effects the different odors would have on bedding bucks for example??

Steve

Many bedded bucks are known to like to inhale paint for the buzz.  Thus, I would use the chair and kill them while their senses are dull.  I carry a paper bag and spray paint and leave it in front of my stand for the poor addicted deer.  Its not technically baiting, so I am good there.  I think blue is their favorite color.

AND nobody likes the other odor mentioned, not even deer.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2