first really nice buck

Geno C

this is from a new stand, well new tree. its 50 yards from where i was last year. right where i saw a lot of the deer moving through so just about 2 weeks ago i decided to get in and move the stand and clear some lanes. wish i was in my stand this day! he stepped into my 25 yard shooting lane that when i set up this little alley walk through in this thick cover i was picturing a big buck stepping into this lane.

i have this deer on cam from last year as a 2.5 8 point close to 120"... he had great mass last year and boy did he pack it on this year. this year he would have been an 11 point if not for his broken brow. but hes a beautiful buck, just shows what one year can do.

The funny part is, he was the first buck to show up on cam 10-10-2012 and hes the first buck to show up on cam this year 10-4-2013! 

post-252-0-56569000-1381524027_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-63576000-1381524040_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-79167100-1381524057_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-38584300-1381524076_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-48549300-1381524088_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-26190800-1381524101_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-22454300-1381524120_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome buck geno. I hope you get a shot at him!!! I have some real nice bucks on my cam this year on the island just haven't gotten around to posting them yet. They all started showing up about 3 weeks ago hitting a scrape real hard. I will be Hunting the island next weekend for the first time this year but will not hunt that spot until the first week of Nov.

John

I'm excited to see he made it from last year. Also to see him show up first light early season. Usually the bigger bucks don't show up till end of oct. but thanks guys! It would be nice to even see him let alone Harvest him. :)

Awesome buck geno. I hope you get a shot at him!!! I have some real nice bucks on my cam this year on the island just haven't gotten around to posting them yet. They all started showing up about 3 weeks ago hitting a scrape real hard. I will be Hunting the island next weekend for the first time this year but will not hunt that spot until the first week of Nov.

John

Hope you get one john! Just saw some scrapes in the usual spot starting to flare up by me. Post some pics john lol

Geno,  Is that a long islander or an upstate???

long island deer. i usually dont hunt upstate until opening of gun season. once i move up there i guess ill be bow hunting there as well with the occasional break to hunt the island lol