Predator Camo

I just started getting my new camo together, as my cold weather gear finally met its end last season. I decided to get away from the "high definition" style camo that to me, looks like a big dark blob in the tree, and go with something that is a little better at breaking up the overall outline. I chose to get Predator Fall Grey, which should be good for treestand hunting and later season still hunting, especially if theres a bit of snow. I bought the Warp Knit Insulated Parka and Bibs. I will give a review on how good they are once I put them to use.

Its been quite a while since I bought new cold weather gear, and Ive been dealing with stuff that had non working zippers for a few years, so I am really looking forward to having some decent stuff again.  :)

After getting my Predator camo, I looked it over very closely and found it to be very good looking gear. The jacket has a nice dual zipper on it so that if you need to get into your pockets or something like that, you can partially unzip from the bottom up instead of unzipping all the way. It also has a draw string about half way up to help keep the cold out. It has a small pocket behind the snap flap instead of one inside the jacket so that you dont have to unzip to get to it. The hood is detachable, which is great because I cant stand hoods. The bibs are equally as nice as the jacket, and have adjustable straps, boot zippers and pockets. They are both water and wind proof and seem to be very warm. I had them on for less than 5 minutes when I tried them on and I was almost sweating being in the house. Ill have to wait till the weather cools down more before I can really put them to the test though.

DSC_6240.jpg

DSC_6241.jpg

DSC_6242.jpg

DSC_6243.jpg

DSC_6244.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used the clothes this past Saturday and Sunday, it was pretty windy and cold and I was nice and toasty. I was only wearing my base layer under it and the wind proofing works great. This stuff should be great for hunting in the really cold weather. I rate it as a huge improvement over my old stuff and it should help to keep me out there longer with less money spent on heating pads and hand warmers.

Thats for the input E! I like it so far, and will probably go with it or the fall brown for my early season gear when I replace what I have now. The only thing that stinks is the lack of variety in the smaller stuff, like gloves, etc. Id like to have some nice gloves for cold weather that match, oh well.

there T shirts fall apart rather quick though. I like to wash my camo a lot to keep it scent free and there T-shirts don't take the beating. Everything else ok though. I would like to get some of the fall brown also to see how it blends in on the ground and trees. I might try natural gear next time to see how it works.

http://www.naturalgear.com/

RICO'S LAW OF DISTANCE VISION 

A major problem with camouflage is that it becomes a dark, solid  blob -- even at fairly short range.   When we wear camouflage like that, it turns us into a human shaped,  solid object that is quickly detectable to deer and other wild game. 

There is a good reason for it. 

It is the way eyes work! 

As an object moves farther away, the optical system looses the ability  to see its detail. So the eye interprets it as a solid colored object and  identifies it by its shape. The smaller a camouflage design is the closer  this happens, too. Scientists named this visual principle Ricco's Law  of Distance Vision. Simply put, it means that the mechanics of the  eye want to make distant objects appear as solid objects so they can be  quickly identified by their shape. 

Ricco's Law is the scientific reason why most camouflage does not  (and cannot) work at a distance. 

Sticks N' Limbs is a big design with a bold contrast and the perfect  coloration to camouflage you at 40, 60, or 100 yards. . .as well as at  10. To begin with, I countered Ricco's Law by utilizing scientific principles  that (1) break up the human outline and (2) make us appear to be a familiar  object in the wild: tree limbs and brush.

Also ASAT camo is good at breaking up forms.

Like the predator camo very much also !!

• 4 weeks later...

So I have hunted all kinds of cold, windy weather with this camo and it just plain rocks. Never did I wear anything under it other than my base layers and the only part of me that was covered and got cold, was my feet. Time for new boots I guess. The Warp Knit fabric is quiet as can be and doesnt hang up on brush. Burdocks stick to it, but what dont they stick to? I will not hesitate to buy more from Predator, great quality stuff.

• 11 months later...

I know it's an old topic, but I was going to pick up my first camo jacket/bib and decided on the fall grey predator insulated stuff. I spent a little while searching last night, but where do most people pick it up? Right off the http://www.predatorcamo.com site?

go on archerytalk.com forums and search there. Several people sell it for great prices via pm. Slippy field is one...I forget the other two...boarman and thirdy pointer maybe.