went to check my camera today

avultaggio

i left a camera strapped to the same tree my stand is in. my stand is in the cantonment area on fort drum. i havent hunted that stand in 2 weeks so today i went to check the camera on it just to see if anything has been coming by during the daylight yet.  i got to my tree and found a gut pile about 15 yards from my stand and my camera was gone.

Here's the bi-weekly thread on stolen gear. Friggen dirtbags. I was walking on the trail to hunt the other day and saw a sandwich bag on the ground that was just thrown there. It was a pot bag with a tiny little piece left in it. Not sure if it's a hunter rolling one on the way to my stand or some other douche just strolling through. My cameras were untouched and I didn't get anyone on cam but I'm nervous every time i go to check my cams that they aren't going to be there.

Edited by blackradio

Wait a minute....Does leaving a camera in the woods give one exclusive use to that area?  And does a trail cam picture of a deer maike it "your deer"??    Hey....leave something in the woods, and it is up for grabs!

Huh?  First answer.. No.   Second answer... No.  Third answer....You wouldn't have the guy's camera by chance?

• Like 4

i left a camera strapped to the same tree my stand is in. my stand is in the cantonment area on fort drum. i havent hunted that stand in 2 weeks so today i went to check the camera on it just to see if anything has been coming by during the daylight yet.  i got to my tree and found a gut pile about 15 yards from my stand and my camera was gone.

Sorry man, I just had one stolen last week. I know it sucks, bad.

It's called trying to make the poor guy feel better but I guess he doesn't deserve to feel better because he used technology?

+1 That was my point above.  If I come across someones gear I wouldn't consider it "up for grabs".  Awful the guys gear was taken.    

wow it really sucks getting robbed, are you guys locking the cameras to the trees?? I have had a couple of cases  of  tresspassers and vandalism I makes me  nuts. this summer I found   one  of my favorite lock back  knife just laying on my bb q  I hadnt seen that knife in  A  year or more  and heres the kicker I asked every single person that I GIVEN  PERMISSION TO go on the property and no one knows anything about it  theres a switch

Hey....leave something in the woods, and it is up for grabs!

You're kidding right?

I park my truck near my house is the woods, is it up for grabs?

The house next to my truck, is in the woods, is it or its contents up for grabs?

I leave my ladder stand in the woods, is that up for grabs?

Don't even bother answering, I am almost positive you aren't capable of rational thought.

Hey Steve....If your child left his/her expensive jacket on a chair in the mall food court, would you expect it to be there a few days later?   Of course not!

Probably not because mall security or the cleaning people would have hold it in lost and found to give back.  

The key is to have great neighbors. I live downstate and my neighbor waches my land upstate like a hawk when i am not there. There is a mutual respect there. I let him use my land to go 4 wheeling and to go fish in my pond and he lets me hunt his during gun season (he doesn't hunt). I have had trespassers try to get on my land but he puts a stop to that right quick. been lucky so far. Sharing a 12 pack with him when i am up there helps. Lol

• Like 1