went to check my camera today

avultaggio

if i leave something anywhere, I DO expect it to be there when i return... you know, since its mine...and not anyone elses....since when is something that is not yours, yours? Early, i hope your just trying to ruffle feathers and not actually believing the trash that just came out of your mouth...

a camera in the woods of all things to say if its left in the woods its up for grabs....where would you like to put it? I know, the trunk of my car doesnt seem to have anyone walking by, i'll try there...> ohhh, you must be the best hunter in the world to not have to subject yourself to the low standards of using  technology to hunt.............FYI, you used a computer to post your dumb remark....technology.

The land the op speaks of is across the road from my land!  Its totally fenced in area that can only be bow hunted for one thing and can only be bowhunted by someone in the military or retired military.  Im not sure if family members of military are allowed or not. Either way it was stolen by someone that has something to do with the military and it sucks!

• Like 1

These stories of theft are way too common. Just because it happens doesn't make it okay. Do I expect my jacket to be in the food court after leaving it there? No. I do hope that some person with moral integrity would see it and turn it in though. My point is simply, just because you might expect someone to steal something when it is left untended does NOT justify it's theft in the first place. If it's not yours don't touch it, self entitlement is rampant in this society. I think people need to watch more leave it to beaver and Andy Griffith.

• Like 2

100 years from now, we're going to have hunters who use magnetically charged rail guns with great pride and constantly complain about the new generation who use photon phasers as being non-traditional.

Ha-ha .... 100 years from now there likely won't even be any hunting. But if there is, with all the mentality of worshipping at the alter of technology that is being shoved into hunting, your example will probably be absolutely correct. The only difference is that the weapons will be operated through the internet remotely from your computer cubicle in your home. Maybe people will read about the loser-shmucks who used to actually put up with a bit of challenge in their hunting.

I'm my make believe world I could leave my wallet on my dash with the windows down and it would be there when I return. In the world I live in I know I can't .

What I think Early's point is we lock our cars, close the garage door,store our guns in a safe , put a lock on our gym lockers to protect our clothes,yet we think we can strap a camera to a tree and nobody will ever take it.

Do mountain bikers leave their bike leaning against a tree so they don't have to strap it to their cars and bring it back and forth? Yet we think our cameras will be there.

I'm my make believe world I could leave my wallet on my dash with the windows down and it would be there when I return. In the world I live in I know I can't .

What I think Early's point is we lock our cars, close the garage door,store our guns in a safe , put a lock on our gym lockers to protect our clothes,yet we think we can strap a camera to a tree and nobody will ever take it.

Do mountain bikers leave their bike leaning against a tree so they don't have to strap it to their cars and bring it back and forth? Yet we think our cameras will be there.

I guess it's too much to ask that we as a fraternity of hunters are respectful of each other. I always wanted to believe that it took a special person to be a hunter. That we were more honorable, raised with higher values and understood we needed to respect others like us with who we share the woods. However It seems more and more common that we're all the same as joe public who would snatch an unattended cell phone...

• Like 1