Me & my Dad

Big Indian

My dad (who turned a young 79 two weeks ago) & I set out yesterday morning and were heading to our spot. I noticed that age is finally catching up with him, I had to stop multiple times for him to rest, he also complained of dizziness and I wanted to go back because I was concerned, he assured me that he was fine and we should continue. I was happy to be hunting with him and it's because of him that I have had many great memories in the woods both with and without him, but I would have turned around if he was not 100%.  So it was on we went.

At around 8am we had a doe come in and she was promptly followed by a spike, we are in an AR area so he got a pass....but the fact that he came from behind us had bothered my dad so he suggested we move so no more deer could come from behind us. I liked the spot but reluctantly moved because that's what my dad wanted to do.

Well, we were not in the new spot for more than 10 minutes and here comes another doe, followed by a very nice 6 pointe, hot on her trail. The way we were sitting together made me the shooter, and I am very fortunate and happy to have shot this beauty with my dad and hunting mentor right beside me. I want to say thanks to my dad, for suggesting the move and allowing me to get a nice deer. I wish everyone else on here a lot of luck, be safe and enjoy the hunts with the people who you are with. I love you dad and cant wait to share some good venison dinners with you.

post-1499-0-11407800-1384731193_thumb.jp

post-1499-0-44302300-1384731213_thumb.jp

post-1499-0-92787700-1384731239_thumb.jp

• Like 11

Ahhhh, this is what hunting is all about...and something the anti hunters will never understand. Congrats to both of you, not on the biggest buck in the state, but by far the most important! My dads been gone 21 years, and I would do anything to have one more hunt with him.

God bless you and pop.