Jump to content

Stealth cam customer service sucks.


Recommended Posts

I've got a stealth cam fusion cell cam. It will be my third season running this cam.  I reactivated the cam couple weeks ago.  Seemed to work fine for the first few days. Since then it will not transmit photos. Pulling the card shows lots of pics not sent.

Called CS. On hold for over a hr. Decided to call first thing next morning. This time I get the same message while on hold, but now they are offering to leave your # and they will get back to you. So instead of holding I leave my #.  It's been 8 days. Nothing... I've tried calling several times, and I was on hold for over two hrs Monday with zero results.  

My tactacams have been flawless. Last stealth cam product I'll ever purchase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

Yes, and they have a bad Indian accent. I’ve had them stop transmitting a couple times over the years and it has been needs updating. Take out micro sd and put update on it and put it back

There one issue.  The web site asks you to pick the model to get the proper firmware. For some reason, fusion isn't listed. They have pictures next to the model numbers, and nothing matches my cam including the model numbers listed. 

Edited by mowin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use to love Bushnells. Have one that's been running for almost 10 yrs now. Nxt one I bought the time stamp doesn't  work. No biggie still use it. The newest one I bought won't  take pics. Runs video great tho lol.  Won't  purchase another. Have to look into brownings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 10:48 AM, Waterfowler said:

Yes, and they have a bad Indian accent. I’ve had them stop transmitting a couple times over the years and it has been needs updating. Take out micro sd and put update on it and put it back

That is Spypoint. Stealth doesn't use micro SD cards. Spypoint does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stealth had a server overload like many other cam companies, including Tactacam, have experienced. Happens every year to 1-2 companies each fall as users add on more and more cams and overloads the current servers in operation. Once they switch channel to a new server, then it works fine. I have 6 Stealth cells and they're all working fine after that fix. Stealth took a long time to get it resolved - almost two weeks, which was bad. CS was overwhelmed as a result as nearly everyone was trying to get it fixed. 

Browning has went down, Spartan has went down, Tactacam has went down, and the list goes on and on. Don't want to normalize bad experience but when servers go down - there isn't a single company that can handle the CS inquiry volume because so many people call and email in, in that situation. They could have communicated better no doubt. They sent out communication after a week of it. I think largely because the server was overloading slowly so not everyone was having cams goes down consistently. They couldn't ID the issue right away.

Also, Stealth does OTA firmware updates. If you use good batteries and don't let them get down to voltage cutoff, you can do OTA update with almost zero issues. Nearly everyone who complains about OTA bricking their camera updates the camera with used batteries that can't handle that power draw. I've done 6 OTA firmware updates this season w/Stealth and not a problem. Done two or three with Spartan, not a problem. SD card update is fine, but you have to follow steps to a T. I've had people do the SD card update, the cam screen or lights are flashing update and they TURN THE CAMERA OFF while it is updating and can't figure out why the cam is a brick now and want it fixed. Off the the cam company for reflashing.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, phade said:

Stealth had a server overload like many other cam companies, including Tactacam, have experienced. Happens every year to 1-2 companies each fall as users add on more and more cams and overloads the current servers in operation. Once they switch channel to a new server, then it works fine. I have 6 Stealth cells and they're all working fine after that fix. Stealth took a long time to get it resolved - almost two weeks, which was bad. CS was overwhelmed as a result as nearly everyone was trying to get it fixed. 

Browning has went down, Spartan has went down, Tactacam has went down, and the list goes on and on. Don't want to normalize bad experience but when servers go down - there isn't a single company that can handle the CS inquiry volume because so many people call and email in, in that situation. They could have communicated better no doubt. They sent out communication after a week of it. I think largely because the server was overloading slowly so not everyone was having cams goes down consistently. They couldn't ID the issue right away.

Also, Stealth does OTA firmware updates. If you use good batteries and don't let them get down to voltage cutoff, you can do OTA update with almost zero issues. Nearly everyone who complains about OTA bricking their camera updates the camera with used batteries that can't handle that power draw. I've done 6 OTA firmware updates this season w/Stealth and not a problem. Done two or three with Spartan, not a problem. SD card update is fine, but you have to follow steps to a T. I've had people do the SD card update, the cam screen or lights are flashing update and they TURN THE CAMERA OFF while it is updating and can't figure out why the cam is a brick now and want it fixed. Off the the cam company for reflashing.

 

 

Well, here it is over a month since my first call. Multiple VM left, emails. All very friendly.. 

Crickets.  

Thankfully, the cam started working.  But I will never purchase another stealth cam or the other brands they sell.  

A simple robo email explaining the situation would have helped. 

I'm not holding my breath I'll ever hear back from them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Well, here it is over a month since my first call. Multiple VM left, emails. All very friendly.. 

Crickets.  

Thankfully, the cam started working.  But I will never purchase another stealth cam or the other brands they sell.  

A simple robo email explaining the situation would have helped. 

I'm not holding my breath I'll ever hear back from them. 

I got the communication, late but I got it. Do they need to call you? Cam is working again right? Your cam went down due to server?

Edited by phade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, phade said:

I got the communication, late but I got it. Do they need to call you? Cam is working again right? Your cam went down due to server?

How do they know what my issue is?  Just because it's " working" doesn't mean I'm not having issues with the camera.  

Which in fact I am. Cam won't transfer a pic to my picture gallery in the phone, and I can't send the pics to a friend.  They would know that it they called me back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, phade said:

Clear your cache in your phone and adjust settings. If your phone went through any updates it can change those settings. 99/100 times that is a phone issue.

No issues with my tactacams.  Hit the button in the cams app, and I can text the pic. 

Not sure what settings in my phone I would need to adjust. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mowin said:

When I hit the button to upload, I get failed to upload. If I try to text the picture, the text goes through, but no picture attached... 

normally when that issue happens it’s phone unless a lot of people start complaining about it on the social media groups. Right now app appears to be working fine. Look in the phone in your app settings and see if it’s a current version and then look at the app permissions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I hit the button to upload, I get failed to upload. If I try to text the picture, the text goes through, but no picture attached... 
That was one of my issues last week but it cleared up. I also put in a new SD card and restarted the camera. Works now.

d8b5fa78504c924d497cea7ec5cfded4.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Otto said:

That was one of my issues last week but it cleared up. I also put in a new SD card and restarted the camera. Works now.

d8b5fa78504c924d497cea7ec5cfded4.jpg

That's the first thing I tried.  My cam is working and sending pics to me, I just can't do anything with the pics in the app like send them to friends or upload into my picture gallery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phade said:

normally when that issue happens it’s phone unless a lot of people start complaining about it on the social media groups. Right now app appears to be working fine. Look in the phone in your app settings and see if it’s a current version and then look at the app permissions.

Just checked in phone app settings, and the command app has permissions.  The only way to send a picture or save it is to do a screenshot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...