A Little Bit of Venison

Doc

Never cut up a deer could not car less to learn. I have hunted out of tents in 6 degree temps. and wadded through deep snow all day up and down mountains. I have also killed them 75 yards from parking lots here in Webster listening to kids playing outside and lawn mowers. So if I drag a deer off the mountain ,which takes the better part of a day, but have it processed I'm a wimp, but the one that I kill 75 yards from my car In the burbs as long as I cut it up myself I'm a skilled manly hunter? To funny.

$70 bucks,sorry it's not a lot to me. Visited the kids a few nights back went out to eat,basically burgers,wraps and so on couple beers. With tip $100 for the 4of us.

I did not cut up the cow either....

I'm of the same. I know how and have cut up my own deer. Usually we only break out the supplies and tools when there's more than one hanging. And even then (and I'm not trying to brag) but $80 to have someone else do it so I can spend more time with the family or doing something else is worth it to me and not a big deal. I spend enough time in the woods and my wife doesn't bitch. No reason to stay away longer.

• Like 1

Is there a rule that your family can't help in the butchering? Geeze my kids argue over who gets to play with the cut off feet. That might be too much for some guys I guess. My wife is different I know, she hunts and helps process what ever we kill but still, it's all a part of it for us and its all time spent together.

my wife has helped wrap many times. It's harder with a 1 year old. And even harder if I shoot one in Syracuse, when we live in Ontario. Like I said, it's not a big price to pay to bring it back in the truck and drop it off. Get back to the family and pick up what's needed to do around the house. My place stays well kept, so does my lawn and all my toys. So again, to get back part of my weekend for these things makes it worth it. It's not like I don't know how, or cant butcher myself. I choose not to.

Soft spot for a work complainer...

Bow down to what decision? I'm happy for the hunter I've become and I strive to be better each year. I walk almost a half mile in and another out in every spot I hunt except one, I butcher my own deer and pass more point blank 80-100" deer every season then most see in years of hunting. I don't fall into your outlook a d could careless if I did. Like I stated I was seeing the otherside to your view, that's all.

Now stop complaining about others at work. The co-workers are getting pissed at you.

Easy buddy, You are real close to crossin the..Dumbest deer in the woods.line.

first time i've seen "feet" as a "cut of meet" lol.

So are you saying that you wouldn't eat them if she were to stick them in your face??

I'm sure there are other parts of her anatomy, that may even have an off-odor at times, that you wouldn't refuse to munch on if given the opportunity.  At least I hope you wouldn't be dumb enough to refuse.  But heck, we are talking about HuntingNY forum members, so who knows?? After all we can't make any comments about what others choose to do around here.  LOL

So are you saying that you wouldn't eat them if she were to stick them in your face??

I'm sure there are other parts of her anatomy, that may even have an off-odor at times, that you wouldn't refuse to munch on if given the opportunity.  At least I hope you wouldn't be dumb enough to refuse.  But heck, we are talking about HuntingNY forum members, so who knows?? After all we can't make any comments about what others choose to do around here.  LOL

eat and actually eating are different. Otherwise her breasts would be mostly silicone. i'm not sure that would taste very good.

-my point was a jab at peta.

I'd rather be the dumbest deer in the woods, than the smartest one in a game pen.  Would that be you by any chance?? LOL

I guess that would depend on what side of the fence im on at the time.  Ya see some of us may like to take our kills to get cut up because we take large, mature deer.  You probably dont know this but those bigger deer can be tough at times and then after doing so many of them.   Man it can get rough!

That takes the cake for a couple of guys to knock how others may do stuff..But then again, Just read the posts...Its always the same two!!  Shocker!!

Not unless you ae talkin about my banker lookin at the deposit slips!!!

What? That doen't even make a good joke and honestly it leaves you open for another joke about you. Man I thought would have gotten better at this kind of thing but I guess not.

Shocker...as in the electric probe that you use to shock the Bucks into producing "seed" in your business of deer farming. The same probe you no doubt have crammed up your butt hole right now.

You can make comments all you want, but when you continue to berate and belittle people for hunting a way that is different then your way it can get annoying and problematic.

You can make comments all you want, but when you continue to berate and belittle people for hunting a way that is different then your way it can get annoying and problematic.

Kinda like when guys get on a high horse about AR's and whats good for the herd like they are a biologist? I guess double standards are ok.

You fellas blew this one way out of proportion, he and I only said maybe some guys should learn how to cut up their own deer they kill. If doing things the easy way all time is your thing, have at it but there are important lessons to be learned from cutting up your own kill and on top of that some times you come away with a higher quality end result.

Kinda like when guys get on a high horse about AR's and whats good for the herd like they are a biologist? I guess double standards are ok.

You fellas blew this one way out of proportion, he and I only said maybe some guys should learn how to cut up their own deer they kill. If doing things the easy way all time is your thing, have at it but there are important lessons to be learned from cutting up your own kill and on top of that some times you come away with a higher quality end result.

I'm for AR's however I don't puke it out of my mouth on every freaking thread, so no, there is no double standard. And I never belittled someone for taking a yearling buck. 

he and I only said maybe some guys should learn how to cut up their own deer they kill

Yeah right, that's not what was said.

I'm for AR's however I don't puke it out of my mouth on every freaking thread, so no, there is no double standard. And I never belittled someone for taking a yearling buck. 

Yeah right, that's not what was said.

Thats the funniest thing you ever posted!!! 

I'm not sure how many times it was repeated but you choose to focus on the mean things that were said instead.

Thats the funniest thing you ever posted!!! 

I'm not sure how many times it was repeated but you choose to focus on the mean things that were said instead.

Not to sure what is funny about it. It's NOT the only thing that was said, guess I have to spell things out too.

Why would I not focus on the "mean" and ignorant things that were said? 

Not to sure what is funny about it. It's NOT the only thing that was said, guess I have to spell things out too.

Why would I not focus on the "mean" and ignorant things that were said? 

I don't know, you seem to turn a blind eye to some of it sometimes in other threads thought maybe you would do the same here.