A Little Bit of Venison

Doc

Ok Drama queen calm down.

Hunters are a bunch of sissy's and thats the reality, sorry if you can't handle it.

Ha-ha ... There, do you feel better now. Maybe now that you have had your shot at hunters, you get through the rest of your day. Hey, whatever it takes. :ok:

I don't see the point in bringing it to a processor. I had a buddy show me how to butcher my first deer 2 years ago and the rest I just kind of figured it out. I get better with every one. I hung a scaffold bracket off the side of my shed and hung an old pulley on it and jack the deer up with a come along. 

It's a really satisfying experience to butcher your own and package.

• Like 1

I don't see the point in bringing it to a processor. I had a buddy show me how to butcher my first deer 2 years ago and the rest I just kind of figured it out. I get better with every one. I hung a scaffold bracket off the side of my shed and hung an old pulley on it and jack the deer up with a come along. 

You my friend, is what I call a complete, and self-sufficient HUNTER.  My hats off to you.  I surely can't say the same for the rest of the folks around here.

Well, when you start into your 50th year of it, you may have lost a bit of enthusiasm for it........ or not.

Ha-ha ... There, do you feel better now. Maybe now that you have had your shot at hunters, you get through the rest of your day. Hey, whatever it takes. :ok:

Oh I see, you are one of those pink 4 wheeler riding butcher using sissy's. Thats ok you get a pass because you have done it yourself for years unlike some.

Well, when you start into your 50th year of it, you may have lost a bit of enthusiasm for it........ or not.

Yes can see that. It's just a part of the hunting package for me. I passed on a bear at 10yds on Sunday morning because I wasn't going to have any time to butcher it that day (and because I didn't want to drag it 1/2 mile). I don't really look forward to butchering but once I start, I do enjoy it.

Oh I see, you are one of those pink 4 wheeler riding butcher using sissy's. Thats ok you get a pass because you have done it yourself for years unlike some.

well, thank you .... lol. Frankly, I don't really get all exercised and excited about where or how butchering gets done by anybody as long as it does get done. I definitely don't use such trivial things as an excuse to malign other hunters.

Im pretty sure these pics are from Pro-Cut. I used them on my early bow season doe this year, as I couldnt do it myself for a couple of reasons. They had the deer done in a matter of less than 2 hours. They did a great job too.

Im amazed at some of the responses to this thread. Sad about a bunch of deer at a processor on opening day of gun season? Seriously? You guys realize that the majority of deer taken in gun season are taken on opening weekend right? Good lord. As far as not butchering yourself, not every hunter has the room to do it themselves, even if they know how. Youre gonna skin out and cut up a deer in your apartment complex or condo? Come on guys, theres lots of reasons why people use a processor, and it doesnt always have to do with being a sissy. I like to do mine myself, but Im not going to bash anyone for using a processor.

• Like 2

Feel free to move this post to the classified section if you wish, but I just thought I'd post it here first.  My little girl has now outgrown this, so I thought there might be a few fellas here that might be interested in it.  Best offer takes it! 

post-328-0-83840200-1384956778.jpeg

Edited by steve863
  • Like 1

Sorry to see that there are as many sensitive souls on here as in an all girls grammar school.  You can do whatever you please.  You can even hire a helicopter to air lift it out of the woods for you.  You dudes will be the first to thump on your chests when you make a kill and then tell the world about it, but then you don't want to take the time or get you hands a little dirty the butcher the damned thing up yourselves.  Many these days don't even have a clue on how to do it.  Quite pathetic in my opinion, and you guys fall short of being complete hunters.  My condolences.  

Oh please great hunter, please spread more of your wisdom BS. My condolences to you for being so narrow-minded. Again, just because someone doesn't hunt like you, you get your panties all up in a bunch.  

• Like 2

Oh please great hunter, please spread more of your wisdom BS. My condolences to you for being so narrow-minded. Again, just because someone doesn't hunt like you, you get your panties all up in a bunch.  

You are the narrow-minded ones.  Hell, it's you guys who don't even want to take the time to learn how to do it.  I can easily pay someone to process a dozen deer if I wanted to, but guess what?  I rather do it myself.  As others mentioned, the process from kill to the freezer can be a very satisfying one.  Too bad you guys can't see it.  You fellas announce to the world that you've killed something before you even lay your hands on the animal, yet don't see the value in knowing and actually processing a deer yourselves.  What can I say??  There are killers, and then there are hunters I guess.

You are the narrow-minded ones.  Hell, it's you guys who don't even want to take the time to learn how to do it.  I can easily pay someone to process a dozen deer if I wanted to, but guess what?  I rather do it myself.  As others mentioned, the process from kill to the freezer can be a very satisfying one.  Too bad you guys can't see it.  You fellas announce to the world that you've killed something before you even lay your hands on the animal, yet don't see the value in knowing and actually processing a deer yourselves.  What can I say??  There are killers, and then there are hunters I guess.

Your Assumptions are way off, we have a butchering setup in our garage. Anyways, that's not the point, you are as far from a hunter then anyone I know with your outlook, attitude, and ignorance. Again, anyone that doesn't hunt YOUR way is now not even a Hunter.  No wonder there are less hunters in the woods now with people like you spreading their wisdom around.  :rabbi:

• Like 1

I can't believe anyone cares if you process your own deer or not.We are in big trouble when we start name calling and bashing each other over peoples choice of how they get their deer processed.Does it really matter.I think the antihunters are seeing a weakening of the enemy.

• Like 3

I can't believe anyone cares if you process your own deer or not.We are in big trouble when we start name calling and bashing each other over peoples choice of how they get their deer processed.Does it really matter.I think the antihunters are seeing a weakening of the enemy.

Ill stand by what i said earlier...the elite superhunters are out now. And as others have stated if you dont hunt or process your kill a certain way your now a pansy. Bunch of internet thugs lol

No wonder there are less hunters in the woods now with people like you spreading their wisdom around.  :rabbi:

Yeah right, I chased them away.  LOL  I will guarantee you that your type, with your AR nonsense, etc. has made more people give it up than anything I've ever said or done.  Think what you want of me, though, not like I am one of the sensitive little school girls here.

You are the narrow-minded ones. Hell, it's you guys who don't even want to take the time to learn how to do it. I can easily pay someone to process a dozen deer if I wanted to, but guess what? I rather do it myself. As others mentioned, the process from kill to the freezer can be a very satisfying one. Too bad you guys can't see it. You fellas announce to the world that you've killed something before you even lay your hands on the animal, yet don't see the value in knowing and actually processing a deer yourselves. What can I say?? There are killers, and then there are hunters I guess.

Who is "you guys"??

Do explain

Yeah right, I chased them away.  LOL  I will guarantee you that your type, with your AR nonsense, etc. has made more people give it up than anything I've ever said or done.  Think what you want of me, though, not like I am one of the sensitive little school girls here.

Ah yes, "Your Type".  What's that, the kind that have introduced new hunters to the sport? The kind that actually give a crap about the deer herd? The kind that promote the sport? The kind that support and mentor others?

Never miss that chance to bring up AR's either eh?

You will never cease to amaze me with your negativity, BS, and FUD you spread.  Keep posting, the more you do the more everyone see's what a fool you really are.

• Like 1