Days left

Paula

Just checking out my book and just realizing I have only 2 hunting days left. Looks like I won't be getting a deer this year, haven't seen that many. It was colder this year I think.

Oh did I mention I hate being cold! I am never going to hunt again! Never never never again!

Edited by Paula
  • Like 2

I got my biggest buck on the last day of muzzleloader three yeas ago.... down to the last few minutes in fact. I had a little pity party as the last shooting hours were closing in. I put an unlit cigarette in my mouth and was actually going to light it (something I never do except on the walk out on the last day) then I heard crunching and two doe wandered in. I had the hammer cocked and finger on the trigger, aimed on the largest doe and I hear more crunching. I looked over my right shoulder down the embankment and there was a chocolate brown rack closing in. He stopped and rubbed a pine tree 15 yards infront of me. That was the last thing he did. Don't give up!!!!!!!!

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER
  • Like 1

I remember several years ago during archery season. It was the last week of the

season and I had hunted SO hard that year (but then again I do every year). It had beenSO cold and I hadn't seen many deer. I was so disappointed that night when I stopped

on the way home from hunting to see my parents that when they asked how my hunting was

going I broke down in tears. My stepmom said "So I guess you're going to give up?" and I said "Hell no!" and Guess what? The very next night I shot a real nice 8 point. Don't

give up Paula! It could actually happen.

• Like 1

Just checking out my book and just realizing I have only 2 hunting days left. Looks like I won't be getting a deer this year, haven't seen that many. It was colder this year I think.

Oh did I mention I hate being cold! I am never going to hunt again! Never never never again!

I get cold out there, so I cheat.

Bought a pair of Cabelas electric gloves.

Toe warmers.

And TWO layers of Under Armor. One tight fitting, one loose.

Got tired of being cold in the stand, this year I was toasty. There is nothing like being out there in the bitter cold and being comfortable. :good:

I get cold fairly easy too, but I can sit all day now thanks to The Heater Body Suit. I pack that in with me and put it on once I'm at my stand or ground blind. I also use the foot and hand warmers. I just makes hunting more enjoyable.  Pack a lunch and stay out as long as you wish. This year I've seen a lot of deer mid day (11am to 2pm).

check em out:  http://www.heaterbodysuit.com/index.html

GM