22 ammo

Dom

I am getting my 22 ready for small game and was wondering what you all thaught of the cci stingers in longrifle.I have been shooting remington hollow points and was going to start using the cci's cause I have them on hand never shot them

The only ammo i will use is cci. i use the cci mini-mag 36gr hollow points ...never had a problem with them but stingers don't like to cycle in my 10/22 ..i won't start shooting squirrels till after deer seaseon ...but i target the red squirrels i hate those bastards lol

Edited by hung4wheeler

I'm just not sure how this oldy will like these new bullet's.I have my Dad's old singleshot Steven's model 15 guess I have to try them out

My Dad's  .22 which I inherited was a Stevens M 15 also...

Shot my first squirrel, first rabbit, first woodchuck, first fox, first coon and first crow with that rifle..

I'm sure it is rugged enough for the Stingers, but I'm not sure they are worth the extra expense, for general small game hunting or plinking.

I'll probably just continue to shoot plain old long rifles in mine...

I've got CCI 40gr Mini-Mags, CCI 36gr Mini-Mags, CCI AR Tactical 22, CCI Velocitors, and Remington Golden Bullets (hollow point mini-mag).  they all work well certain rifles and pistols shoot one better or worse than the next.  In general I think standard velocity 22lr are cheaper, do the job, and most of the time are more accurate.  Actually better if you're trying to eat what you're shooting.  The hot stuff and hot hollow point stuff really chews up a smaller critter.  If you've got it I'd use it though.  22lr is still scarce and hard to find.  it shows up in stock but yea.

The only 22's I have ever had a problem with are Remington Thunderbolts. Those things are crap. The last time I shot those, out of my 10/22, each round seemed to make a little bit different sound  than the one before it.  Kind of like a popcorn machine….Jams up the wazzo. Maybe I got some bad ones but Im done with them..