Time to boycott A & E

Catskill Hunter

Seriously?  So are telling me you would rather trade skins with another ethnicity?  The white male in this country had it so good that now that they're being knocked down a peg or two, it's the end of the world.  Cry me a river.

Who's the bigot now.

• Like 1

Who's the bigot now.

How does my comment make me a bigot?  I don't have anything against another race or ethnicity.  I even agree that it's messed up that you cannot say what you want to say without being tarred and feathered.  But to say not having the freedom to bash another ethnicity is worst than what other ethnicities have to endure to erroneous.

You don't understand. He didn't say every Jew/gay was...but the ones that do control are. Ought to brush on subsets and absolutes.

He was very broad with his statement. Race is touchy no matter what race u are. U talk about a race in a negative way and u will get flack frome somewhere. Advertising/marketing/media is all about making money. Depending on the market they will take advantage where they can. And last i checked blacks dont recieve any treatment in that industry over any other and campaigns are targeted for specific audiences. And i work in finance in said industry.

Nobody hands me anything. None of the officers in my company are jewish. The board. Maybe one. Ceo stated he keeps it diverse to touch ideas from all over world. Business care way more about makin money than race nowadays and anyone who thinks differnt is livin in the past. Are there exceptions, of course. But not on the grand scale steve described.

It amazes me what people will buy.

How does my comment make me a bigot?  I don't have anything against another race or ethnicity.  I even agree that it's messed up that you cannot say what you want to say without being tarred and feathered.  But to say not having the freedom to bash another ethnicity is worst than what other ethnicities have to endure to erroneous.

Wanting and being happy that "whitey" is getting knocked down a peg or two sounds bigoted to me

He was very broad with his statement. Race is touchy no matter what race u are. U talk about a race in a negative way and u will get flack frome somewhere. Advertising/marketing/media is all about making money. Depending on the market they will take advantage where they can. And last i checked blacks dont recieve any treatment in that industry over any other and campaigns are targeted for specific audiences. And i work in finance in said industry.

Nobody hands me anything. None of the officers in my company are jewish. The board. Maybe one. Ceo stated he keeps it diverse to touch ideas from all over world. Business care way more about makin money than race nowadays and anyone who thinks differnt is livin in the past. Are there exceptions, of course. But not on the grand scale steve described.

If your statement held up to logic. How many Christians are there compared to GLBT's Wouldn't they be catering to the largest market?

And Blacks do get a pass on their comments in the public much more than any other race

• Like 1

Wanting and being happy that "whitey" is getting knocked down a peg or two sounds bigoted to me

Go back and re-read my comments.  Did I ever say I was happy white males are knocked down a peg?  No.  And I never used the term "whitey" so stop putting words in my mouth.  All I'm saying is this ranting is the equivalent to crying over a paper cut compare to what others go through.  That does not in any way mean I want or am happy when I see a Caucasian get a paper cut.  Heck, I didn't even say anything when everyone was complaining, because yes, it's messed up that you can't say what you want to say about another ethnicity.  It was only when someone said their paper cut is worst then my arm being blown off is when chimed in.

If your statement held up to logic. How many Christians are there compared to GLBT's Wouldn't they be catering to the largest market?

And Blacks do get a pass on their comments in the public much more than any other race

Ignorant blacks just like ignorant white people.

And lgbts are a HugE market that spend money on mainstream things. Christians are spread way different and spending power counts.

Seriously?  So are telling me you would rather trade skins with another ethnicity?  The white male in this country had it so good that now that they're being knocked down a peg or two, it's the end of the world.  Cry me a river.

Sounds like you have something against white males. And we should be knocked down a few pegs. I will stop right here because you opened such a hornets nest that I don't have time or the will to say what really is the problem and it isn't white males of this country.

• Like 1

Go back and re-read my comments.  Did I ever say I was happy white males are knocked down a peg?  No.  And I never used the term "whitey" so stop putting words in my mouth.  All I'm saying is this ranting is the equivalent to crying over a paper cut compare to what others go through.  That does not in any way mean I want or am happy when I see a Caucasian get a paper cut.  Heck, I didn't even say anything when everyone was complaining, because yes, it's messed up that you can't say what you want to say about another ethnicity.  It was only when someone said their paper cut is worst then my arm being blown off is when chimed in.

Yup, I read it again and it still sounds to me like joy, but since I can't hear you I will give you a mere lack of sympathy.  

Why is it that one can pretty much say anything they please against christianity and get away with it, while you get totally condemned if you say anything about gays??  There are more christians in this country than gays, right??  Why don't they get flack for being anti-christian?? You may work in finance, but you obviously don't get it.  

Sounds like you have something against white males. And we should be knocked down a few pegs. I will stop right here because you opened such a hornets nest that I don't have time or the will to say what really is the problem and it isn't white males of this country.

Believe what you want to believe.

Why is it that one can pretty much say anything they please against christianity and get away with it, while you get totally condemned if you say anything about gays?? There are more christians in this country than gays, right?? Why don't they get flack for being anti-christian?? You may work in finance, but you obviously don't get it.

I do get it and it pisses me off like hell i cant disagree without feeling like im gonna be assaulted. So on that we agree. But i also understand what it is they are trying to accomplish. Some of the things they went through was crazy. But at this point they take it to another level by trying to supress religion. Its like they fightin to prevent the possibility of history repeatin while most christians dont have issue just dont appreciate the lifestyle.

Its like i cant not like an action u take or i hate the group.

Ridiculous

To be fair its usually the extrerme groups cause i have had similar convos that turn out peaceful

Edited by Vince1

Live in my world every day where it is truly what sex, race, and disadvantage you have that determines what people keep their jobs not their ability to do the job. All because the Govt. has "goals" that must be met. Oh it is a goal and not a mandate but if you don't meet the goal then you didn't[t do enough to try to meet the goal. I spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to support out position of missing a minority goal on one project. Northern NH. Any idea of the make up in far upper NH? I hired the one African American in town and he wanted to go to a job outside the state. I am not exaggerating Elmo but there were 4 Asians and they ran the Chinese restaurant. That was the minority make up of the region. Some Bureaucrat felt a complaint was in order.

On other jobs We have to let folks go to maintain the goals. I know for a fact the same happens in police forces for females that can't pass the shooting proficiency tests. How does that make you feel.

Reward laziness and incompetence and you get more of it.

I cant believe that everyone on here isn't disgusted with this attack on our 1st amendment rights! Everyone is up in arms about our 2nd amendment rights being under attack but many are OK with this. Whether you agree with him or not, he has a right to his opinion and everyone should respect that! I'm by no means a bible thumper, but he has a right to say what he believes in without everyone getting their panties in a bunch. People need to worry a little more about what they do and not what everyone else is doing.

I'm not disgusted because it is not an attack on anyones rights.

Believe what you want to believe.

Maybe Phil Robinson made some comments that the Gay community got up set about. But you have upset the white male population which is a much greater population. Maybe you should proof read your comments before you insult any more people. My comments were directly related to exactly what you wrote.  Maybe this site should suspend you for a while.

I know you didn't mean it to sound that way but it does come off a little bigoted.   Just saying. Although no one will ever admit to it, whites can be the victims of racism.

• Like 1

Culver.  How does it feel when everyday, your son walks to school and is ridiculed and mocked along the way?  How does it feel when you send your kid to school but you don't know if he'll live or die because at least 2 or 3 times a year he's going to get jumped by 5 or 6 bigger dudes because he's Asian so he must know martial arts so sending one guy isn't enough.  Then one day he comes home with a 3 in cut down to the skull on his forehead due to a brick to the head because he actually fought back?  And when you turn to you neighbors for help, they said they don't care because they don't want your kind around here anyway?  So you move to the ghetto because a shoot out might happen in the ghetto but a beat down will happen in several times in the middle class suburbs.

But I moved to a neighborhood that was a mixture of Hispanic and Irish-American and one of my best friends growing up was Irish-American and all the teachers that helped me and stood up for me were all white so I knew good and evil existed in all races.

Hate to say it Elmo but it sounds like it was your bad judgment in picking the places you lived. I am not one to mix words. If you stayed in a spot where all that went on it in on your head. There is evil in every walk of life but you child's safety is no ones responsibility but your own. I don't see that in the suburbs around me.