Score another!

Fletch

I have some other pics of him and none show that eye glowing. But none where that eye is really facing forward, but it looks fine physical wise. Wonder if it just never caught the reflection at the right angle or if he is blind in that eye. I am really hoping I have some more pictures of him on that cam.

I give him a couple more inches on the beams and mass than nyantler, coming to 130+/-. Phade and Moog beat me to the eye comment. Mature buck though.

You might be right about the mass Sam, but if you look close at his beams they are very short only about 3 times longer than his ears... I bet they barely get to twenty inches

You might be right about the mass Sam, but if you look close at his beams they are very short only about 3 times longer than his ears... I bet they barely get to twenty inches

I see what you are saying but his rack really rises up off his head pretty far and there is a lot of distance between the 1s and 2s. I still only think they are ~22+/-.

What is it that makes that deer look old to you guys?

And, how old is old?

Picture #2! I have a hard time describing the specific points that some come list off right out of the QDMA user's manual, but the way his neck blends right into his chest and his thick legs and body. He's clearly 4+. I'm thinking more like 5 or so. When I think of 'old' I imagine a buck that is going downhill. This buck says, "Not me. I'm in my prime."

That boy is definitely blind. When you can't see the tapetum lucidum like that...he's blind. Either his eye was damaged or he was born without it and thus blind.

Don't feel bad if you can't shoot a half-blind buck. Others in the area haven't been able to kill him either, lol.

I see right at the 127-30 mark. Mass and his beams help nudge the score on this one. Those racks that lift high off the skull tend to score slightly longer than many think because of that.

Edited by phade

Don't feel bad if you can't shoot a half-blind buck. Others in the area haven't been able to kill him either, lol.

Ouch!! lol

Just his bases alone put him at 4.5 or more for me. Then just the size of him and his gut specially this time of the season the pics are in. This deer will dress out over 200 without any problem.