Cant copy and paste?

sits in trees

any browser other than IE <choke> works

Firefox or Pale Moon are viable alternatives if you don't want Google tracking your every move.

If it is the operating system, than why does a typing  in the link also not work  AND give a bogus error message such as: " the link does not exist"... When the link certainly does exist and otherwise functions 100% perfectly?

So far this does seem to be the only site that has that copy and pasting issue. I have other related problems between this site and Explorer. If I highlight a large block of text for deletion, font change, or any other format change, it will not do it. Also the emoticons can't be transferred into a message. Probably they are all related to the same flaw.

the forum uses BBCode which isn't compatible with Internet Explorer 11 as of yet. The work around is to switch off BBCode. It's the light switch icon on the very top left corner of the reply section.

This will switch everything over to plain text unfortunately so I'm not sure if it'll allow hyperlinks. I'll test it now.

hyperlink test:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode

Edited by Elmo

If it is the operating system, than why does a typing  in the link also not work  AND give a bogus error message such as: " the link does not exist"... When the link certainly does exist and otherwise functions 100% perfectly?

I'm not quite sure I follow the question.  Chrome, IE, Firefox, Pale Moon, etc are not operating systems, they're simply web browsers used to view internet content/pages. 

Edited by bluecoupe
  • Like 1

To most non geeks, browser and OS are the same thing.

HEY, I resemble that! ;-)    Having dealt with MVS, VM, DOS, WinBLOWS, SunOS, HP-UXx, Linux, AIX, Unix, etc, etc ,etc operating systems, I don't suppose I fall into the "non geek" category huh? ;)

Edited by bluecoupe

Someone changed a setting on this site or the browser/operating system: because all of a sudden some of us who were able to copy & paste no longer are able to.

After several tries, including doing what is said in post 6, I also tried to manually type in different hyperlinks. After posting I tested the links but they would not open and gave an error message indicating the link was not working. So each time that happened  I went off this site and tested the links, which all worked fine.

That leads a person to believe the content is just not wanted on this site or someone is fed up with outside links and it is being blocked. That may or may not be true, but it is a natural tendency to think that way. I am not going to change my computer settings and buck the system if the administers of this board don't want the material... Otherwise I would have just posted on this forum's facebook page..

Which leads to another comment: Some of you on here, some which have posted in this thread, follow our facebook pages. Even if we were able to post hyperlinks and what not; we need you to also share our material. Not only does it lessen our work load and widen our reach, but it also encourages others when many different people are involved. When few different people are involved, it has the opposite effect on others...

Doc, Try this. After you copy something on the top line of the reply menu there are little buttons that look like a clip board.

try the middle on that pastes as plain text. I used to be able to use the mouse menu but no more. I just stumbled on this button working for me.

That didn't work for me. However, Elmo's fix with the little light switch in the upper left corner od the reply box does work.

the forum uses BBCode which isn't compatible with Internet Explorer 11 as of yet. The work around is to switch off BBCode. It's the light switch icon on the very top left corner of the reply section.

This will switch everything over to plain text unfortunately so I'm not sure if it'll allow hyperlinks. I'll test it now.

hyperlink test:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode

The little light switch did work ..... thanks. That's one problem fixed.

• Like 1

Someone changed a setting on this site or the browser/operating system: because all of a sudden some of us who were able to copy & paste no longer are able to.

I think the most likely scenario is that most people have auto-update activated on their computers.  If you're not super computer savvy, then that's a good idea.  Your system will automatically install approved security patches.  The problem with this though is that "approved" security patches might make you better protected but doesn't necessarily means "will play nice with others".  Think of it like a family guard dog.  It's nice to your family and will bark at strangers but it's also barking at the mailman.

I still can not post pictures which stinks I would like to share!! I used to be able to no problems. If you hit the light switch you lose pic option and with it on it will not work either, bummer.

Yeah, there will be no more pictures coming from me either, or anyone else who uses Explorer. I don't know whether or not there is a work-around for that problem, but it is a feature that I no longer have on this site. Also, the emoticons can no longer be used. That's something I suppose I can live without ..... lol.