Glock 42 .380 Thoughts?

The most hated new gun on the gun forums,it'll sell well !! It should have been a single stack 9 ,it's to big to compete with the LCP and Kel Tec yawn....

Turns out it shoots great recoils less and fits small hands,oh and not that much bigger then a LCP..seems like a good choice.

Here's a pic of it on top of a LCP.

post-253-0-67811100-1390908210.jpg

It's all about intended use. If it's a home defense, then obviously those saying more stopping power is needed.

If is a small carry or back-up, etc. then having one with you that you can carry and use effectively is much better than that full frame 1911 boat anchor.

• Like 3

It's all about intended use. If it's a home defense, then obviously those saying more stopping power is needed.

If is a small carry or back-up, etc. then having one with you that you can carry and use effectively is much better than that full frame 1911 boat anchor.

To each his own. I'd feel better carrying a snub-nose .357. In the house it's a double barrel and 2 loaded .357s.

for those who carry for self defense outside the home, I can just about guarantee you'll have better chances of protecting yourself with a pistol you can pull out of your pocket in a split second as opposed to a pistol you have to fumble for that's concealed in a holster under a shirt or jacket...........in most situations, you're reacting to a threat, which pretty much means they've already targeted you, so they already have the advantage. 

for those who carry for self defense outside the home, I can just about guarantee you'll have better chances of protecting yourself with a pistol you can pull out of your pocket in a split second as opposed to a pistol you have to fumble for that's concealed in a holster under a shirt or jacket...........in most situations, you're reacting to a threat, which pretty much means they've already targeted you, so they already have the advantage. 

select a pocket holster wisely. I wouldn't suggest carrying one  without a holster.  

• Like 1

select a pocket holster wisely. I wouldn't suggest carrying one  without a holster.  

I wasn't suggesting to have a loose gun in ur pocket, I have the one with the sticky outside, holster stays inside the pocket when you draw the weapon..........I have the Ruger LCP 380.

Edited by jjb4900

I wasn't suggesting to have a loose gun in ur pocket, I have the one with the sticky outside, holster stays inside the pocket when you draw the weapon..........I have the Ruger LCP 380.

Have you seen the sneaky Pete holsters? Guy I work with just got one and it sure seems like the way to go. looks just like a cell or PDA case.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

Wasn't implying you did. It was just a comment for anyone that would be getting into pocket carry that might not know.

Ok.......the point I was trying to get across, was a lot of people put more thought into how big of a gun they need to defend themselves, when more importantly they should be thinking about ease of access.

• Like 2

I handled one on Saturday at the Gun Center and was impressed.  14.36oz, loaded!    I'll be reading more on them and doing some pondering.

A friend said there was a good You Tube video but I haven't looked for it yet.

Here is Glock's ad slick.............

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g42

I have been looking to see a date. Are they on the shelves already?

I have been looking to see a date. Are they on the shelves already?

The Gun Center up the street from me has one for display purposes ie; handling/fondling etc.  I think they are taking orders, I don't know when they expect them.

I'd think Beikirch's should have one??  If not, come on in and I'll buy the coffee....................................... B)

They're taking some heat for only being a .380. However, i think people are missing the intended market here. The female gun owner has grown something like 20% in the last few years alone if I remember correctly. Personally I am planning on a .380 for my wife. I'd much rather her hit her target and feel comfortable shooting than to miss completely with a 9mm... especially with only 7 rounds.

As a glock owner, I like this gun, but I will most likely be leaning towards an LCP. I think there's more history with them and they're priced much nicer. I believe the glocks are going for $400 retail and some are asking for up to $700 online for those who absolutely have to have one.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 9mm version in this frame come in the following years anyhow.

Edited by Belo

Glock has made 380's for years but because of some crazy import laws, they were never available in the U.S. I wonder what changed. Is this new 380 made here ????????

they make one in the US because they now manufacture here, but it's a compact not a pocket pistol and at that size why not go 9 or .40? Cant remember the model number.