FullRut Back Pack

Are any of you guys familiar with or use the GamePlan Gear FullRut Back Pack...My wife knew that my backpack was getting very worn and that I wanted to get another one next season that was a little bigger, so she surprised me with this one from Dick's the other day.  Seems like a decent pack but I thought it was a little pricey...$100.  Looking forward to breaking it in this turkey season and then using it next deer season.  post-2630-0-93081000-1390930182.png

Can't tell the size of that pack from the picture.  But, I haven't ever been impressed with the quality of the hunting gear sold at Dick's. I'd bet you could find something of a lot better quality for the same or better price in the Bargain Cave at Cabela's website.

I have had a Cabela's "Whitetail day pack" for many years(15-20) that I probably got for about $70 back then. They are now selling for $100, just checked.

It's seen many days and all kinds of weather and abuse, and no sign of wear and tear. I would suggest, as someone else did, check out Cabela's , I can vouch for the quality and durability of this pack. My favorite feature is the 2 side pouches that hold thermoses, I use 1 for coffee, and the other for hot water for my cup o noodles.

I'm sure they have made some upgrades to this pack since I got it, but I have never been disappointed with it.

Just my meaningless 2 cents.......

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Outfitter-Series-Whitetail-Day-Hunting-Pack/1608702.uts

Edited by Big Indian

I look for a few things when getting a day pack for hunting.  One is the Zippers and how quiet they open/close.  If they are metal and silver and shine NO good.  If they make a metal sound at all no good.  (Can be fixed with black ice hockey tape to eliminate the noise and shine.)  Room to fit a extra pair of sweat pants, jacket, rain gear, gloves, food container, extra food, flashlights, batteries, knife, hat, maps, calls, radio and first aid kit. 

The extra room for clothes is key for me.  Hiking usually a mile or so in I get overheated easily.  The extra gear allows all day comfort especially the last part of the day when it gets cold or if it rains or if I find a good spot and sit for extended periods.