Good 1911 deal?

Five Seasons

Gander, has it's biggest gun sale of the year going on right now, and is offering a free sig 1911 .22 with the purchase of a sig .45 1911. This checks 2 boxes off my want list, although I wanted to add a pocket pistol first and haven't really been researching 1911's yet so I'm not sure who makes a good 1911 and if this is a good deal. The .22 would be great for practice for me and the wife and the 1911 in 45 I think is a great bedside gun and a gun every gun owner should want in their collection. Right now my only pistol is a glock 23. I know sig is a respected maker, but their cheapest 1911 is $1k. What features should I look for in a 1911?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let us know if any actual NY stores honor this sale. I have not found one yet. I did see the Gander ad yesterday but have not contacted them yet.

Saw the sale at a gun shop in Georgia Friday. The Sig 22 is not actually made by them I believe. Heck of a deal though.

They are based out of Kentucky. From what I understand nobody want to do out of state business in guns or ammo to NY or CA. How would that work?
business is business, and when it comes to firearms, my personal experience was good. I ordered from buds and had it shipped to bass pro in auburn and had no problems. This was almost two years ago and I understand things have changed. All this could be answered with a smile phone call to the company

I'm seeing new sig 1911s on the web in the 700-800 range so I'm not sure this is stellar unless I can find one for that price. Currently looking at the tacpac. 3 mags and a holster for a no frills 1911. Msrp $999

Edited by Belo

I'm seeing new sig 1911s on the web in the 700-800 range so I'm not sure this is stellar unless I can find one for that price. Currently looking at the tacpac. 3 mags and a holster for a no frills 1911. Msrp $999Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the email on my work computer. I will post the ad with the ones included in the morning. The free 22 is over a 400 value

went to franks today and they said that sig is out of the 22 pistols- so the promotion is over. snooze ya lose, i guess.. does anyone know when this promotion started? i wonder if anyone is goin to actually get a free 22 or if this was just a publicity stunt...

I don't know where "franks" is but you can still order the sigs from many online stores and the promotion just started and runs to April