Concealed Carrier Question

I just received my transcripts up here in chemung county, they came from Suffolk County. Upon receiving my new license for Chemung i forgot to ask about going for my CCW. I left and decided to turn around and ask about it. When i got there he told me i already have my CCW that he gave it to me (unrestricted). I didnt even notice it before i left. So, i left the sheriffs office with my CCW. After talking to my buddy today he told me i can carry anywhere in the state except NYC. IS this true?? i figured i was only able to carry in my county. Can i carry in any county with this permit?

thanks in advanced, been trying to find something online that states that..  

i think i came across something that says you can... read an unrestricted upstate license can "carry" in a restaurant in suffolk county , however Suffolk county can not do the same. if anyone can confirm id a appreciate it...

Congrats on the CCW Geno. Yep, you can carry anywhere but NYC. I would do some reading of the law though, there are certain places you cant take it as well. Schools, some government buildings, etc.

thank you... yes i did some of that reading prior to getting it. just didnt think i could in any other county then my home county. im still reading some more on it but where to carry i was looking into a few months ago as well.

Chemung only issues concealed now, I believe that changed last year. Also concealed does not mean you can carry every where in NY. You can not carry in a Post Office, State or Federal building and schools. I also believe there is something about bars and concealed carry ( I can't remember where I seen this at). I have my CCW in Schuyler County, they only issue CCW and premise. Also Schuyler county supplies a coupon so I can go and buy a pistol anytime I want and then add it to my permit with in 10 days.

I  don't believe it is ILLEGAL to carry in bars per se, but it is RECOMMENDED not to carry in establishments that serve alcohol.

The county judges have a lot of leeway as far as being able to pull a person's pistol permit.  If you go honkey tonking, it's probably a good idea to leave the handgun at home, or at least lock it in the car.

In addition to not carrying in NYC, you probably don't want to carry when you're going to a club.  It typically freaks people out when you're fist-pumping and your gun falls out of your rhinestone-studded skinny jeans, onto the dancefloor.

• Like 1

In addition to not carrying in NYC, you probably don't want to carry when you're going to a club.  It typically freaks people out when you're fist-pumping and your gun falls out of your rhinestone-studded skinny jeans, onto the dancefloor.

Or at a night club and having it fall out of your sweat pants and accidentally shooting yourself in the leg.  #PlaxicoBurress

I actually saw that once. But that was way back when skinny jeans were for girls. The guy was drunker than S#it and dropped a handgun the size of a hockey stick right on the floor and didn't even know it. He just kept dancing. That was a fun night.

As far as I know, you can carry anywhere in nys except NYC Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or places that serve alcohol, government buildings and schools. I'm sure I missed one or 2.

Edit. culver you sure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Belo

Chemung only issues concealed now, I believe that changed last year. Also concealed does not mean you can carry every where in NY. You can not carry in a Post Office, State or Federal building and schools. I also believe there is something about bars and concealed carry ( I can't remember where I seen this at). I have my CCW in Schuyler County, they only issue CCW and premise. Also Schuyler county supplies a coupon so I can go and buy a pistol anytime I want and then add it to my permit with in 10 days.

Perhaps I shall add to that. By everywhere I did not mean establishments and so on. I meant counties...