WTB Shotgun and Rifle

Do you have an FFL in mind to handle the transfer?  If so getting a price prior to the deal could save some hassle.

I have a camo'd 12ga Remington Express with a short turkey barrel on it.  Not exactly what you're looking for though.

it's been a while since I've purchased a firearm, but I'm pretty sure a background check isn't something you do ahead of time and are issued a certificate for, from what I remember, it's done at the time of sale and is only good for that sale..............

Doing it correctly is pretty simple. Agree to price, meet at a FFL, sign one paper and collect your money. If you are the buyer, you paay the seller then pay for your background check and walk out with your gun. More of a pain than it used to be but not horribly difficult.

Who's done it, how much for the FFL and what FFL?

Written into the SAFE act under 'private sales', the FFL is not supposed to charge more than $10 for a private transfer. On dealer to dealer transfers they can charge whatever they want, and it's usually in the $25 to $35 range. They can also refuse to participate in the transfer/sale.

I haven't done a private sale under the new restrictions yet, but I'm guessing that a lot of FFL's won't want to bother with the paperwork for the 10 bucks. Maybe a $20 'tip' up front would help?

Seems to me like just another way to limit gun sales/transfers overall.

Edited by philoshop

Doing it correctly is pretty simple. Agree to price, meet at a FFL, sign one paper and collect your money. If you are the buyer, you paay the seller then pay for your background check and walk out with your gun. More of a pain than it used to be but not horribly difficult.

Exactly. It isn't rocket science. Making it sound like a big hassle that is difficult to do doesn't help anyone.