AR-15 giveaway in NY?

This article is written from a clear anti-gun perspective, but I'm curious about one thing...

How are they raffling these off in NY?  It's the only piece of real news in the whole article, and they don't address it.  Anyone around Troy know the shop and have the answer?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/gun-worshiper-wins-gun-church-raffle-article-1.1731578

Edited by Sogaard

Unless they decide to ban that type of action, someone will always find a loophole around the rest.  And I honestly the republican senators would vote for any more anti-gun legislation, especially on an election year.

Then again, I would have said the same thing before Newtown.

Edited by Sogaard

Then theres this beauty....

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S805-2013

I know its from last year, but its sure to pop up again

....yea and where are Senators Serrano and Adams from.................  NYC.

The fact that I understand where they're coming from in dealing with guns, but they don't understand where most of upstate NY are coming from makes them both ass-hats.

FYI the shop was Oakwood Trading Post, 8 minutes down the road from my house.  It all happened, despite reports the raffle was cancelled due to a "bad image".  Media tried make it look like the church screwed up and was back pedaling, but it was nothing of the sort.  Practically everyone around here commend them for doing it.  Not to mention Cuomo probably choked on his cereal for a bit the morning he probably heard about it.

The gunshop is one of my local favorites they posted this the other day and it really made sure they are out there to support our second amendment: 

Well, Grace Baptist was supposed to give away a NYS-compliant M&P15 to a law abiding person this weekend.
But due to some criticism, false reporting in the press, threats and a handful of complaints they've decided to not go through with the give away as planned.

...now they're giving away two.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakwood-Trading-Post/156867057673916

• Like 2

As long as we sit back and do not resist this, it will continue.  Hell they put out a poll yesterday that said 2/3 approve of the safe act.  I am already hearing people saying why bother then.  We can not win this.  Exactly the intention of the release.  Just saying..  

• Like 1