Opening Weekend Weather...

Cabin Fever

you know whats funny, i think majority of the the moons in the past 10 years have been full?? i dont know why but  i want to say i usually remember having full moons for opening weekend? could be wrong...

it would be nice to have some colder weather!

I'm not to worried about the full moon because of all the activity there will be in the woods anyways pushing those deer around.

Agreed...where I hunt, it's all about placing your rear in escape routes. The pressure usually does the trick that day.

Unfortunately, the deer wise up afterwards. My hunting grounds has a notorious history for being very poor after opening day. Last year was an exception to the rule as I seen some decent action the second week, and during mz.

That wind was a good test for your hunting gear efficiency. Even in the 40's, the wind has a way of stripping the heat right out of you.

For the most part I stayed fairly comfortable. I got my doe fairly late in the morning (11:00) so I had quite a few hours to test out my Under Armor and my new shiny orange hunting coat. I would say they both passed the test.

Speaking of wind, I found it interesting what happens to a west wind when it slams into a west facing hill. I had a north-south-east-west wind direction. All directions with the same duration and intensity. How that group of does got within 40 yards without catching my wind is a complete mystery.

At any rate, we missed all precipitation, and I am thankful for that. I would rank the weather for this opener as "fair" for this year. I certainly have seen much, much worse.

Doc