Accuracy

Tio1

Ditto on the power belts,throw them out....Way better sabots and conicals to shoot.

Second,what powder and are you using loose or pellets.

third,are you talking about the barrel warming up or the temp?

Lastly- did you swab the barrel at all....

Thanks for the info - I switched to power belt because they load much easier than the TC sabots. I'm shooting 2 trip7 pellets behind the 270 grain power belt. The sabots you guys are recommending - are they easy to load? The TC sabots are tight if you don't wet patch every shot - thanks for info - I'm ML greenhorn!!!

If your using t7 pellets try to swab the barrel after every three shots,if you want a easy loading bullet try the Hornady FPB in 300gr{there version of a power belt with out the skirt}..The SST is a nice sabot,but loads on the hard side depending on bore diameter.Thors and no excuses are two other great conicals that load really easy with or without a squib shot.But my choice is the 350gr Hornady FPB,second would be the 460gr no excuses.

For clean up with T7 just use some windex ..Works great down the barrel and on the breech plug.

If you want to shoot alot with out swabbing try some blackhorn 209.Best thing to ever happen to muzzle loading,atleast to me.

My bet would be if your not swabbing every few shots then the bullet/sabot isn't seated all the way and might cause some bullet drift..Also the dreaded crud ring will be present.

Steve

I am putting 150 of 777 and the TC shockwave superglides. in a clean barrel it loads easily....2nd shot is harder and third is a struggle to seat. on the range I swap at every shot until clean. I want the shot to be as close to what my infield first shot will be.

Take your time on teh range. I have had guns that did not react well to heating up. let it cool down...better more time or more trips to the range than getting frustrated. let's face it....it really is about making that first shot count, especially in ML.if you walk on teh range and the first 2 are good and then start creeping...don't sweat it...it ws a dead deer anyway. :)

The 1st sabots I bought when I got my NEF Huntsman were the Powerbelts . Heard a lot of negatives on the Powerbelts  and bought the TC sabots with the 240 gr Hornaday XTP's . They hit the same as the more expensive Powerbelts . I have only shot at 3 deer with the ML and took all three with one shot each . Lucky !!!

The 1st sabots I bought when I got my NEF Huntsman were the Powerbelts . Heard a lot of negatives on the Powerbelts  and bought the TC sabots with the 240 gr Hornaday XTP's . They hit the same as the more expensive Powerbelts . I have only shot at 3 deer with the ML and took all three with one shot each . Lucky !!!

Luck only takes you so far.  I would say it is some good shooting!

I also have a new Triumph. I initially sighted with 245 grain powerbelts, which i have used for a number of years.I had always been satisfied with the accuracy and results. After trying TCs Shockwave (250 grain) saboted rounds, I will never look back at the Powerbelts. Even better accuracy, they load a touch snugger,  but easy enough. More importantly, the terminal results are improved. I never had a Powerbelt exit...they always came apart (allways killed the deer, but the retrieved slug allways fragmented). The Shockwaves exit, telling me they are holding together better and keeping more energy through the deer.

Rgeardless of what combo works in yor gun, anyone who is trying to sight in a gun for accuracy, should swab the barrel after every shot.  This is how you get the best accuracy. Consistency is the key. Do it the same way every shot.  When you have the gun sighted in shoot three without swabbig to see what happens to the accuracy,in case you need a second shot.  I shoot blackhorn 209 and swab bwetween shots at the range.