Azek decking

mac

I've used trex. I think its the same type of stuff. It will fade a bit over time and mold seemed to like to grow on. Be careful with a power washer, as it will dig into it. For installation, it just as easy as any other decking. use predrill the stuff and use the correct screws. Also, i'm yet to find a good way at build a gate out of the stuff. gates seem to fall apart(won't hold the screws).

Edited by mmkay

I've used trex. I think its the same type of stuff. It will fade a bit over time and mold seemed to like to grow on. Be careful with a power washer, as it will dig into it. For installation, it just as easy as any other decking. use predrill the stuff and use the correct screws. Also, i'm yet to find a good way at build a gate out of the stuff. gates seem to fall apart(won't hold the screws).

Did you try predrilling the holes and coating the screws with pvc cement.

Edited by Jeremy K

Did you try predrilling the holes and coating the screws with pvc cement.

you mean for the gate..right? no I never did that. Its the weight of the gate thats the issue. At the time, trex didn't sell a gate kit...not sure if they do now. It needed to be beefed up with steel. I scraped the gate idea and ended up makeing a sliding gate on upped track (rail) and casters (kinda like an exposed pocket door)

Edited by mmkay

you mean for the gate..right? no I never did that. Its the weight of the gate thats the issue. At the time, trex didn't sell a gate kit...not sure if they do now. It needed to be beefed up with steel. I scraped the gate idea and ended up makeing a sliding gate on upped track (rail) and casters (kinda like an exposed pocket door)

That sounds cooler than a gate .

I did a deck two yeas ago with it. It was great. Unlike the old trex I used before this stuff is solid, it doesn't seem as porous  as the Trex was. We did not use screws. we nailed it and the application rate went very quickly. it goes down just like a hardwood floor. the only screws are on the trailing edge of the first board and the leading edge of the last. It is cool to the touch and the texture of the style we used was very non-slip even when wet.

These are the fasteners, a bit of sticker shock but the end product is great and the quickness of installation makes up for the cost of the nails. Oh...and all boards are perfectly spaced.

http://www.hid-fast.com/

Just did a smallish project with it(12x20) and about to do 125' of 12' wrap around with it.....

Used the concealoc fastners, both decks from their "arbor" collection.

No issues, seems fine wet; I'd use it again.

Done a pile of Azek trim, once you get used to dealing with the expansion and contraction; not a bad product.

YMMV.

Wow, just like a hardwood floor indeed. Any info on dog durability? Curious to see if it can take their nails/paws.

The model we put down had a nice texture on it. They don't have a dog so I cant say on that. The color is all the way through though so I wouldn't "think" scratches would be any worse than any other deck board.

don't follow you. It nails right through the edge of the board like installing hardwood floor. Watch the video on that page I linked. the "Tee" portion of the nail is your spacer for the next board.

It looked like there was a special bracket for the nailer so it could hold those type of nails.

It looked like there was a special bracket for the nailer so it could hold those type of nails.

http://www.hid-fast.com/product.html

https://picasaweb.google.com/113122063059468774967/HIDfastNailsSpecifications?authkey=Gv1sRgCJTknb_jmJHigQE#5847248193980446370

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club