Weber grill - Customer service, best experience ever.

burmjohn

So last year I took the plunge and bought a Weber grill, my original post was here: http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/16102-going-to-get-a-new-bbq-might-just-bite-the-bullet-and-get-a-weber

Spent a good chunk of change on it, I think it was 699? Anyways, the grill was great, use it at least 3x per week year round.  So I went to go do my normal spring cleaning and I noticed the back of the unit had paint coming off.  I was ahh man, spent this cash now this crap, I was seriously disappointed.  I also bought a Weber cover for the grill and after exactly one year it had cracks in it. 

Anyways, long story short, called up Weber, they asked for the serial number explained the situation.  I also said I wasn't that happy with the grill grates because of some rusting, but I mentioned that in passing because most of the time with a good re-oil and scrape the rust comes off the with the cast iron stuff. They said send photos into this email, and then no more then an hour later I get a call from their customer service that all new parts have been ordered and are on the way.  So a new cook bottom, bottom rail, new grates and a new cover.  I was really blown away, didn't have to get all crazy or anything. They also apologized at least 3 times about the paint problem, she said it was a defect with a bad batch of paint or powder coating (whatever is on there). 

That experience just made me a Weber customer for life.  

• Like 3

Also took the plunge last year and bought a four burner genesis. Was delivered to me with a dented door and the wrong grate compared to what was advertised. Needless to say one effortless call and they sent me a new door and a new set of grates. Best company ever! Up at camp we have an older weber that is over 15 years old and still kicking effortlessly and whenever I need a part they send it and it is back to new.

Also took the plunge last year and bought a four burner genesis. Was delivered to me with a dented door and the wrong grate compared to what was advertised. Needless to say one effortless call and they sent me a new door and a new set of grates. Best company ever! Up at camp we have an older weber that is over 15 years old and still kicking effortlessly and whenever I need a part they send it and it is back to new.

I gave my old Weber to my brother a few years ago, when I bought a new bigger one. He still has it at his camp. The grill works perfectly and it has to be around 15 years old by now. I should have charged him for it !!! LOL!!

• Like 1

The inside paint on mine is peeling but I think it might of had to do with the blazing inferno I set off with the extra thick pork chops. My son yelled out "Go throw it in the pool to put the fire out!!!" hahaha  opps

I learned my lesson and keep a small fire extinguisher 5ft away lol!

• Like 1

I took a lot of crap from all my friends for spending what I did on my Weber but I haven't had a problem with mine and they are on their second or third grill since I've bought mine.

My wife was a little upset when I bought it, but then she was like wow when Fedex dropped off 5 things at my door on friday with the replacement parts.