intersting news

Fletch

So I get a call yesterday from my BIL. He heard two very interesting stories. Both about big bucks taken last season from right next to two areas we hunt.

One was on the property adjacent to the "hole" I hunt a guy took a 7.5 year old buck dressed out 224 pounds, rack was on the downslide.

Another is property right across from the inlaws about a bow killed buck that will make the top 10 for the state. I am waiting for a pic of that one and will post it when I get it this weekend when I see my BIL.

You never know how close a Bruiser may actually be!!

Yup, There are all kinds of big deer that have been taken in our area that had never been seen before. Some of that might be that they never were here before and got driven into the area by the orange army, or perhaps rut has pulled them into the area temporarily. Or maybe they simply are far better at avoiding us than we ever could imagine. Even with the advent of cameras everywhere, the big guys are pretty good at staying out of the picture. Those that I have seen, are seldom seen more than once.

• Like 2

i agree, i honestly believe everyone has a big one around their camp (even in heavy hunted areas) they know where to hide and avoid humans far better than we know how to find them. How many times have you heard a new hunter killing a monster by stumbling into one in the middle of a field or that patch of timber you can see thru that everyone walks by??? deer pattern us much better than we pattern them....

I think they go Nocturnal after the first shot is fired .... but who knows !

The ones that survive do ..... lol. But sometimes they just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when they figure out what's happening. They still have to get to their sanctuaries. That first couple of hours is when they are the most vulnerable.

Finally got more info the deer was 167" plus change so not as big as thought. Only pic is with guy in it and I do not know him to post it. It was taken 3 years ago! Man stories get twisted! He also took a 12 point last year looks to be 130ish I think in same area. I have been hearing of some good bucks on cam this year as well.