Site seems to be back. Thank you!

I'm not sure what happened, but am glad to see it fixed. The sudden disappearance caught me off guard, and had me bummed not being to say goodbye to those who have continued here. Thank you to who ever fixed it! I hope we stay up and running. 

In an attempt to try and see if it was just my computer, with nobody to reach out to, I checked out "the other site", and was able to determine it was not just me. What I also discovered was the celebratory responses about this site being down. While not a surprise to me, still really is disappointing. People again really showed their true colors.  

I just can't imagine where all the hate and animosity comes from. There were many who left I previously held in high regard, and some I still do. I will say, in my opinion, Grampy showed class in his response to the situation. However, the feeding frenzy, gloating, and digs from others about the members here who have remained, again demonstrated the nature of many who (say at least they) left.  

For those who say they never come to this site, they sure seemed to have their hand on the pulse over here. I suspect a bunch will now be disappointed, and a few will be eating some crow now that it is back!  :  ) 

Glad it is back up running. 

Edited by New York Hillbilly
extra word removed
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

I'm not sure what happened, but am glad to see it fixed. The sudden disappearance caught me off guard, and had me bummed not being to say goodbye to those who have continued here. Thank you to who ever fixed it! I hope we stay up and running. 

In an attempt to try and see if it was just my computer, with nobody to reach out to, I checked out "the other site", and was able to determine it was not just me. What I also discovered was the celebratory responses about this site being down. While not a surprise to me, still really is disappointing. People again really showed their true colors.  

I just can't imagine where all the hate and animosity comes from. There were many who left I previously held in high regard, and some I still do. I will say, in my opinion, Grampy showed class in his response to the situation. However, the feeding frenzy, gloating, and digs from others about the members here who have remained, again demonstrated the nature of many who (say at least they) left.  

For those who say they never come to this site, they sure seemed to have their hand on the pulse over here. I suspect a bunch will now be disappointed, and a few will be eating some crow now that it is back!  :  ) 

Glad it is back up running. 

You got that so right my friend. As you can see that they say they hate me so much yet they can’t keep me off their lips. It’s the same jealousy it always was. Most of it once again comes from Bill that can only post You Tube crap and other peoples hunts. Now that’s they kind of guy one wants to join a hunting site to communicate with. As they showed, Those kind of people are not missed by many. 

• Thanks 1

The site was down for a day or two and many members left for another hunting site a while back.  They seemed to think the other site was better.  I cannot comment on where they went because I do not even know the name of the site.  But I can say this site has been far more pleasant to be on since they all left.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, shawnhu said:

Was there a problem with the site? Furthermore, is there some kind of mutiny recently with members leaving and going elsewhere? I’ve been out of the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google it.  You'll find it.  

41 minutes ago, mowin said:

So is bum john back in the picture?  Can new members join? Is he going to finely send out the t-shirts or refund the money's members ordered in good faith? 

Seems some worry a lot about the past.   Why don’t you just give Shawn the site name??  

Edited by Four Seasons

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

The site was down for a day or two and many members left for another hunting site a while back.  They seemed to think the other site was better.  I cannot comment on where they went because I do not even know the name of the site.  But I can say this site has been far more pleasant to be on since they all left.

If you were to go take a look at that site you would see that those that left are still pretty worried about what’s going on here. Living rent free for sure. 

Some of the members that left showed their True Colors ! 

I had e-mailed Burmjohn to let him know there was a serious problem . Never got a personal response but the site is accessible now . Don't know what happened .

9 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

As you can see that they say they hate me so much yet they can’t keep me off their lips.

It it abundantly clear there is bad blood between you and some other people. The reason why escapes me, but really does not seem healthy for anyone, or either site. I wish you guys could sign some sort of gentleman's peace treaty and move on, rather than the continued sniping back and forth. I think it only drags everyone  down. 

I would also suggest anyone here on this site avoid being drawn into back and forth with people who seem to enjoy this type of crap. Spring and Summer are short in this neck of the woods, and the world is scary and depressing enough without all this drama. I hope everyone can take the time to think about the direction this country is headed and prepare for the future, and recognize the petty problems on this social media pales in comparison to the real world issues we face. 

Personally, the massive gardening and homesteading project me and the wife are engaged in keeps me from posting much, but does not reflect me being inactive here for any other reason. And, in any down time I still enjoy coming here so I'm glad it is still up. I hope because I choose to do so does not put me in the crosshairs of others who have ill will for this site and people who did not jump ship. If it does though, I guess there is nothing I can do or say to change it, so I won't worry about it. 

In short; I'm thankful for the site owner keeping this place up and going, or who ever fixed things, and I wish everyone from what ever site you call home, peace, safety, and good health. 

Enjoy the Summer! 

NYH

Edited by New York Hillbilly
spelling
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Some of the members that left showed their True Colors ! 

I had e-mailed Burmjohn to let him know there was a serious problem . Never got a personal response but the site is accessible now . Don't know what happened .

Exactly. And you 100% know who the biggest shit stirrers are. And here they think John’s delete button is in my back packet. BaHaHaHa.  I can’t wait until they push that button and get shown that you have one also. 

2 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

It it abundantly clear there is bad blood between you and some other people. The reason why escapes me, but really does not seem healthy for anyone, or either site. I wish you guys could sign some sore of gentleman's peace treaty and move on, rather than the continued sniping back and forth. I think it only drags everyone  down. 

I would also suggest anyone here on this site avoid being drawn into back and forth with people who seem to enjoy this type of crap. Spring and Summer are short in this neck of the woods, and the world is scary and depressing enough without all this drama. I hope everyone can take the time to think about the direction this country is headed and prepare for the future, and recognize the petty problems on this social media pales in comparison to the real world issues we face. 

Personally, the massive gardening and homesteading project me and the wife are engaged in keeps me from posting much, but does not reflect me being inactive here for any other reason. And, in any down time I still enjoy coming here so I'm glad it is still up. I hope because I choose to do so does not put me in the crosshairs of others who have ill will for this site and people who did not jump ship. If it does though, I guess there is nothing I can do or say to change it, so I won't worry about it. 

In short; I'm thankful for the site owner keeping this place up and going, or who ever fixed things, and I wish everyone from what ever site you call home, peace, safety, and good health. 

Enjoy the Summer! 

NYH

Great words. And guilty as charged but improving. And your answer is 100% Jealousy!!!!

3 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Exactly. Pretty worried about a site and a person that owns it to be keeping tads on it. Especially when you have the best site in the state to rant on. Makes Sense. 

Who says I'm keeping tabs on this site?  I pop in occasionally and if there's something to comment on or like, I do so. Several others do the same. 

Also curious why the owner hasn't checked in for well over a yr.  Basically stole money from members and is either to embarrassed or doesn't care to respond.   It's a fair question.  One I'm sure others would like a answer to. 

And thanks for saying the other site is the best in the state. Appreciate it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mowin said:

Who says I'm keeping tabs on this site?

27 minutes ago, mowin said:

I pop in occasionally

Occasionally?? Just about any time I come on this site you are here, for someone that despises the place you can not seem to stay away which you should be doing!

Why don't you mow a lawn or post something useful instead of coming here and stirring the pot.

Al

34 minutes ago, mowin said:

Who says I'm keeping tabs on this site?  I pop in occasionally and if there's something to comment on or like, I do so. Several others do the same. 

Also curious why the owner hasn't checked in for well over a yr.  Basically stole money from members and is either to embarrassed or doesn't care to respond.   It's a fair question.  One I'm sure others would like a answer to. 

And thanks for saying the other site is the best in the state. Appreciate it. 

Old news.  Whatever happened,happened. Yes we can see how well that site is really doing.  You have what 1 every 2-3 weeks. And I would not put too much faith in your new owner seeing the dirty crap he did just to get the few that left here over there. Stand up kinda guy. The funny part is is that the same ones who lived on this site daily are the only ones living on that site. 

4 minutes ago, airedale said:

Occasionally?? Just about any time I come on this site you are here, for someone that despises the place you can not seem to stay away which you should be doing!

Why don't you mow a lawn or post something useful instead of coming here and stirring the pot.

Al

This site and people are still living rent free in the heads of those that left. Here they thought that this site needed them to survive. Doing so much better without even not being able to add more people. And the day John does bring it back around, if he does this site will still be better. 

I'm only a member here. Nothing against anyone at the other site.  Actually, I do go over there occasionally to see how Wolc is doing.  I find his posts to be interesting and believe he is a genuinely nice guy, as are many of the others at that site.

The one thing that I found most curious at the other site, is that a so-called Moderator may have totally fabricated a story about some kid's comments about crossbows after he supposedly let the kid shoot one of his crossbows.  This was to reinforce his anti-cross bow narrative; and as expected it created the usual back and forth bs. Maybe the story was true, however much I doubt it. Either way - I always thought site moderators were supposed to keep the bs and bickering to a minimum and not create more of it; however, this was something different to see.

I don't post much here, only when I can add to a discussion or provide useful information.  Best wishes and good luck with whatever you do.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, airedale said:

Al

Show me a post where I said I despise this site.  I'll wait.  

• Like 2