Groundblind ?

luberhill

27 minutes ago, steve863 said:

You are giving deer way too much credit for their intelligence if you think closing the windows will scare them away.

I think u missed the point , if u hunt with the windows OPEN, they say u should leave OPEN even when u aren’t in the blind .

The deer will notice the change ??

35 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I think u missed the point , if u hunt with the windows OPEN, they say u should leave OPEN even when u aren’t in the blind .

The deer will notice the change ??

No, I didn't miss the point.  I get exactly what you are trying to say but I'm not buying it.  Leaving the windows open or closed at any given time will make no difference in my opinion.  A deer will walk by when they feel like it.  Leaving the windows open when you are not there won't make them any more likely to get comfortable with the blind being at that spot then if you kept them closed.  Maybe they'd get more used to it if you kept the windows open with a table full of corn on the inside where they could stick their heads through and eat it, but otherwise I doubt they could give a crap.

51 minutes ago, steve863 said:

No, I didn't miss the point.  I get exactly what you are trying to say but I'm not buying it.  Leaving the windows open or closed at any given time will make no difference in my opinion.  A deer will walk by when they feel like it.  Leaving the windows open when you are not there won't make them any more likely to get comfortable with the blind being at that spot then if you kept them closed.  Maybe they'd get more used to it if you kept the windows open with a table full of corn on the inside where they could stick their heads through and eat it, but otherwise I doubt they could give a crap.

Yea I got it , appreciate your opinion ..

Ive read countless saying the opposite.

Guess it won’t hurt anything to try it , I need every angle I can get :)

I left the windows open and the mesh screen up so its not as big of a difference when I'm hunting out of it with the windows open and the screens down. I had this same internal debate with myself because we have a shooting house on the edge of the field that when the deer came out of the woods they would look right at that structure and if someone was in it they would go back into the woods but according to the trail camera if it was empty they would keep walking into the field. We ended up tinting the windows so they cant see in and it seems to have made a difference. 

• Like 4

I close the windows when I'm not in the blind and have shot deer point blank range days into the season.

I wear black headgear to match the dark background of the blind. 

Since I use my blinds as winter refuge while coyote hunting, I cut a tree branch or a use a tripod with a thick piece of cardboard or vinyl on top as a middle support in case it snows so the blind doesn't collapse.

Adding some scentless mineral oil to the zippers of the windows and door will keep them free from ice and snow, and a lot quieter when opening them on cold mornings.

• Like 2