New Field and Stream store (Henrietta, NY)

Doc

So after the fiasco of trying to blow leaves out of the yard in a mini-hurricane, I decided to head up to Henrietta to look over the new Field and Stream store. I liked it. Prices are pretty standard....they're not giving things away. The selections are good-ish. Much, much better that the joke nearby called Gander Mountain. The reloading component selections where actually pretty decent even though they didn't have the Hornady .270, 150 gr., SSTs that I am looking for. They seemed to have everything else. They could have supplied a better selection of brass. It's a nice looking store, with shooting facilities for archery equipment (try before you buy). They have a huge selection of guns. Trapping supplies, boots, clothing, boating, fishing, blah-blah.... all the things that you would expect in a well stocked outdoor store. I'll be back. Gander Mountain is now dead to me .... lol.

• Like 1

Aren't you still slated to get a humungous Bass Pro too?

Yes sir..... I think that is next year and will be located near Eastview Mall. Were going to be the hunting outlet center of the state ... lol. Add that to Dicks offering and life will be mighty fine around here. Imagine the competition. The only guys that I feel sorry for are the outfits like Beikirch's and the small mom and pop gun stores and such. They definitely will take a hit.

Best in rochester but not equivalent to Bass Pro in my opinion. Several 1k to 2k crossbows but only two types of bows I think, most expensive Bear is saw was like 500$ And the archery techs seemed like collage kids that took a crash course in archery the weekend before. You had your choice of several 250$ sights to put on several 300$ bows lol. It was opening day and like I said best chain store in rochester. I wasn't expecting the knowledge of a good archery shop but I was a little disappointed. To be fair a kid knew without hesitation where the fox urine was ;-)

Yeah, when I was there I could see they were undergoing some start-up problems. There were a couple of isles that were clogged with boxes and people trying to finish with the stocking of shelves. I think once they get up and running and encounter some of the problems, they will smooth out a bit.

I have a field and stream that just opened few weeks ago in horseheads no by me. Love that store! Has everything... yes it is owned by dicks

Yeah, Geno, I was there Saturday...Nice store, good selection, average prices..

They had a good deal and good selection of Rem Green Coreloct rifle ammo.

My only disappointment was that they were already sold out of 16 gauge #6 game loads..