Is Ozonics worth it?

JusTheUsual

Ozone generators are devices/appliances that create ozone (O3), a poisonous gas, for the purpose of sanitizing water and/or air in homes and in industrial settings.

In sufficient concentration, ozone causes damage to lung tissue and respiratory airways. Even low concentrations can cause chest pain, shortness of breath resulting from a decrease in lung function, coughing and eye and throat irritation. Ozone can worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and reduce resistance to respiratory infections.

People show wide variability in susceptibility to the effects of ozone. Yet even healthy people can experience breathing problems when exposed to the gas. Exercise during exposure causes inhalation of greater amounts of ozone, thereby increasing the risk of harmful respiratory effects. Recovery from harmful effects can occur following exposure to low concentrations of ozone, but health effects can become serious and recovery uncertain at higher levels or from longer exposure.

This is some info I found on ozone generating devices which is what the ozonics is. To be honest with you I would not by one not only the price but no deer is worth ones heath. This product may or may not be a heath hazard but the facts are that o3 is a poisonis gas :hang: 

• Like 1

Good comments so far. Ozone might be bad for health but will it get me a buck? lol If it is bad for the health what does governmental agencies say about it or why allowed to sell it? Please don't say anything about cigarettes or so on as a excuse why its allowed to be sold. What has governmental agencies said about it to allow it to be sold if its bad for your health then

I'm skeptical of ozonics. It seems that the pros on the outdoor shows all push certain products and viewers feel the need to go out and buy them. Every time the pros get a kill, they spout off a whole host of products that got the job done like no other product on the market. It gets old listening to them spout off brand names and pushing products on us that they are paid to promote. Most of us can't afford half the crap they try and sell. My gut tells me that ozonics is a gimmick until a neutral party does a study on it. Does Consumer Reports test hunting equipment?...lol

Lol deadly.. the company Is going strong stevie wonder.. no cases of death from using an ozonics. Hahaha. Bottom line it works. And that's all I got to say about that

Just proved my point. There are no cases of death (a few reports of issues in a blind) because their magic box does not produce the levels needed to be effective in an open uncontrolled environment. Thank you for agreeing. The resorting to name calling just shows you are debating with emotion and not fact.

Here's a hint also - stabbing oneself in the eye is a bad thing. I know this without having done it myself.

Just proved my point. There are no cases of death (a few reports of issues in a blind) because their magic box does not produce the levels needed to be effective in an open uncontrolled environment. Thank you for agreeing. The resorting to name calling just shows you are debating with emotion and not fact.

Here's a hint also - stabbing oneself in the eye is a bad thing. I know this without having done it myself.

Stevie wonder.. it is effective I own one. It works for me all the time. That is the only fact I know. WOW can you seriously get that through your head man. Lol some people on here are just bonkers Edited by LuckyPickle123

Hunters have deer downwind from them all the time. Combine that with believing paid "celebrity" pitches, spending $100's of dollars for a $50 machine, and not having the faith in ones abilities to match a deers senses and be successful, I can understand why you need to defend your magic box. More power to you if it's the placebo you need to be confident in your stand. Since your main reply now is name calling, I know your faith is strong and you are unwilling to listen to facts, logic and reason. But hopefully others who are considering a purchase will read this and be swayed not to waste their money.

Does the Ozonics actually create a smell as stated that "deer don't recognize"? My limited understanding was that it somehow neutralized or diminished your scent, not create cover scent?? 

i was watching a show the other night where the hunter points out that the deer scented his ozonics but wasn't bothered by it.

It's too much $ for me and just another thing to lug into the woods. I'll pass, even it was free i think.

Ohhh Steve....  You see at first I thought this was just merely about you not being able to afford the ozonics or not wanting to spend the money on it.  Therefore, the only way to justify and convince yourself of this is to "knock" it or feel negatively towards it.  Hey, I cant say that I've never done it before with a product...  I spoke my piece and gave this guy a good review, you have never owned the machine, and gave the guy a bad review.  You see....Steve... I thought that it all boiled down to just that but now I'm not so sure.

Steve, I think the only reason you keep posting here is because part of you may actually be "attracted" to my posts and myself.  Now, although I am flattered, I don't swing on that side of the tree Steve.  You see I like females, not males.  I know this may be hard for you to hear Steve, but this is me breaking it to you as gently as I can.  I know your feelings are more than likely on the "feminine" side, and that's ok.. nobody blames you.   But you need to move  on....Steve.... there is no happy ending here for you.

Ohhh Steve....  You see at first I thought this was just merely about you not being able to afford the ozonics or not wanting to spend the money on it.  Therefore, the only way to justify and convince yourself of this is to "knock" it or feel negatively towards it.  Hey, I cant say that I've never done it before with a product...  I spoke my piece and gave this guy a good review, you have never owned the machine, and gave the guy a bad review.  You see....Steve... I thought that it all boiled down to just that but now I'm not so sure.

Steve, I think the only reason you keep posting here is because part of you may actually be "attracted" to my posts and myself.  Now, although I am flattered, I don't swing on that side of the tree Steve.  You see I like females, not males.  I know this may be hard for you to hear Steve, but this is me breaking it to you as gently as I can.  I know your feelings are more than likely on the "feminine" side, and that's ok.. nobody blames you.   But you need to move  on....Steve.... there is no happy ending here for you.

Was that called for? One thing to disagree, another to bring name throwing in and sexuality attacks.

Pretty lame in my opinion.

• Like 3

That is a lame way to put it, I agree with you... but I really cant say what I would like to say without stepping outside the boundaries... so that will have to do.  I'm not thinking my buddie Steve is going to be to offended.  I'm sure the old man will fire back on all cylinders eventually

Edited by LuckyPickle123

That is a lame way to put it, I agree with you... but I really cant say what I would like to say without stepping outside the boundaries... so that will have to do.  I'm not thinking my buddie Steve is going to be to offended.  I'm sure the old man will fire back on all cylinders eventually

Kids read this forum. If your language can't pass muster on that test, it shouldn't be posted.

Everyone messes up with their words once in a while, me included. Just know that making fun of a person's sexuality on an open hunting forum isn't something I would want my kid reading about.

Edited by phade

Being offended on an internet forum is a choice I never make.

That you continue to ATTEMPT to degrade others with your replies in the manner you do just keeps revealing more of your character. Taking it down a sexual innuendo path further reinforces the personal insecurities that obviously are twisting you up.

Not others Steve... just yourself.. I merely only laughed at the others because they had the same reasoning as you did.  If it weren't for guys like your self, product reviews may actually be accurate.  No, I only targeted you out because you wanted to lead the OP.  And you know something else, I have a strong passion for filming in the woods (I know I know, another piece of "equipment").  But, next time I have a deer down wind, I will give you proof through a video that the product works.  Apparently my opinion (which is all factual, I own the machine......) cant quite seem to get through that thick noggin of yours...

I usually don't back down from anything either by the way.  I am actually a very easy guy to get along with, until I sense BS, then I can be the biggest dink you ever met.

Edited by LuckyPickle123

I love keyboard warriors.  People with phallic symbol profile pictures shouldn't throw stones.  Just say'n.   ;)

As for the topic.  The science all points to gimmick.  You can't get the concentrated levels of ozone needed in the open woods.  But hey, I was walking my dogs the other day, while smoking a cigar, and got within about 15 feet of nice six-pointer.  I'm now selling special "scent and sound" masking cigars, $20 each.  

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 2

I love keyboard warriors.  People with phallic symbol profile pictures shouldn't throw stones.  Just say'n.   ;)

As for the topic.  The science all points to gimmick.  You can't get the concentrated levels of ozone needed in the open woods.  But hey, I was walking my dogs the other day, while smoking a cigar, and got within about 15 feet of nice six-pointer.  I'm now selling special "scent and sound" masking cigars, $20 each.  

Better than a guy drawing a bow back..... how original.  If you don't have video of getting within 15 feet of that six pointer with dogs, I don't think too many people are going to believe you. 

Anyways, we have here just another guy giving an opinion on something he's never tried.  Not only that, but we receive his awful attempt at comedy.  WOOOO HOOOOO

Man who opened the fence, the cattle sure are rolling in now!! 

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

A couple hard-core bow hunting guys I know swear by it, I'd take their word as proof  more than any reviews I read or comments on the internet. Having said that, I'm not interested in one right now. I don't see it as cheating, more as another gadget to have to drag into the woods, which doesn't appeal to me.

C'mon no one can say it's cheating. Then anything above a wooden spear then is cheating...

I wanted to know about Ozonics if it worked and if it was worth that much. One of the biggest reasons why I wanted to know about it is because I'm never in a tree stand 15-20ft above the ground and claim deer don't hear or see or smell me without the Ozonics machine. I think that is a very valid point. On the ground or in the tree is a very big difference no disputing that. 99.9percent of the time im sitting on the ground or leaning against a tree. I even bought a nice blind on sale this year but don't know if i'll even be able to use that. So maybe if not In a tree stand it might be worth if you're on the ground...if it works. If it also don't get rid of at least 99percent of your scent it's not worth that much also. If it got rid of 80percent of your scent on the ground I would pay over $100 for it.