Threaded barrel laws ?

Chef

I have a question I just ordered a Remington 700 sps tactical off of gander mountains web site, someone told me today that Because the rifle has a threaded barrel I might I trouble picking it up because if NYS law is this true..... I thought with bolt action it was ok

Thanks guys! That's what I thought! I love the gun and would hate to not be able to get it! On a side note gander mountain really pissed me off! Even though I spent 800 on the gun and want to buy the scope from them they still want 30 bucks to mount and bore site it, dicks told me buy the scope from us and we will do it for free! Now that's great customer service

Thanks guys! That's what I thought! I love the gun and would hate to not be able to get it! On a side note gander mountain really pissed me off! Even though I spent 800 on the gun and want to buy the scope from them they still want 30 bucks to mount and bore site it, dicks told me buy the scope from us and we will do it for free! Now that's great customer service

both stores suck at bore sighting. I bought a gun from both and neither could hit a 8x11 sheet of paper at 50 yards from a bench rest

Its a bolt gun, dont bother with paying to bore sight it. Put the scope on, take the bolt out, look down the bore and center an object about 25 yards away in it. Line the scope up to the same object. Should get you close at 50 yards. I have used that with two bolt rifles and it worked both times. Got me within a few inches on the first shot.

As far as I know as long as it's not semi auto with detachable clip it shouldn't mater threaded or not. As always double check yourself on state troopers sight

Bolt actions with threaded barrels are legal in NY still.  But you can't put a silencer on it.

yea these about sum it up.

Just wanted to say this gun is amazing! Sighted it in today at blue mountain. Was way right when I started by the end of the 40 rounds I bought I was hitting a quater at 100 yards every time. Next weekend I'm gunna shoot at 200 for fun. I could shoot up to 350 upstate this weekend but I'd rather bow hunt and not disturb anything.

I had some land come up in a shotgun only county this year and wanted to set up my fathers old smooth bore 870. Went to dicks and the guy put the saddle mount on and scope and bore sighted it for free. I was there late after work and it was kinda nice to not have to set the gun up myself so I could sight it in the next morning.Couple clicks to the left and she was good for 60yrds. Not bad for a smooth bore