Binoculars

jjb4900

Especially for the all day sits, I would think it's better to have something warm to drink than cold bland water.  It seems like the younger generation are hooked on water, but from my experience having something to warm you up on those cold days can definitely make one a bit more comfortable.

Especially for the all day sits, I would think it's better to have something warm to drink than cold bland water.  It seems like the younger generation are hooked on water, but from my experience having something to warm you up on those cold days can definitely make one a bit more comfortable.

Blackberry Brandy....

I always have a bottle with me, this time of year apple juice in it, When cold out small thermos of hot coffee. I also pack a sandwich and usually have a granola bar or two in the pack as well. Never know how long I may be out. Not having a drink when you are dragging a deer for hours sucks!! I also pack my minor first aid container for close hunts, I have a bigger one for jaunts in the Dacks.

I also carry both binoc's and a bottle of water. I also sit all day. If I shoot something I'll field dress it, drink my bottle of water then start the drag. It's a while before I get that deer out on my long drag. Better to be hydrated than not. I'm sweating like a mofo by the time I'm to my car. More often than not i get a headache on the drive home anyhow from being  partially dehydrated .