Quiver-On Or Off Bow in Stand?

Lawdwaz

All you need is a quiver that holds 3 arrows,Leave it on the bow , they are there when you need them , does not weigh that much and you will be lucky if you can get a third shot at the deer.No need to carry a bandelaro full of arrows.

Off in stand or ground. Back in about 1994 or so, I learned a trick to keep the quiver still in wind. I picked up a small y fork to hold the top ( bottom when in the tree ) of the quiver, and attach a small length of para cord to the fork. Then I use a small bungee and secure the section where the quiver would attach to the bow around the tree. Helps keep the wind from blowing it all over the place, yet keeps it right where I need it to be.

Ever have this happen with it off , You take a shot it hits a twig ( shot blown ) now your quiver fell off of the tree stand , Hmmm. Now how do you get a second shot at the deer that is just standing there.

Um........I haven't. Always found a way to actually attach it to the tree. Those strap on tree steps work great for this one. Never been a fan of just hanging gear from a branch. Not too safe, and you can always figure out some way to keep things from dropping out.

I'm the same, each year every sit the quiver comes off and sits on a screw in peg to my right or a branch. I shoot better without I guess mentally. I think it makes my bow quieter and one less thing to get in the way on the shot if I have to aim in some sort of position. I was actually just talking to my dad about this.