Would You Support a Blaze Orange Compromise?

wildcat junkie

If the activity has no ability to harm anyone other than one's self, do we want the government telling us we can't do it?

I can't agree that the BO issue actually applies here....one person shooting and killing another can destroy more than the victims and shooters lives...it effects the families.......and they did make laws against smoking due to a persons personal bad habit having illeffects on the ppl around them as well.

• Like 1

How so, prove yourself smart guy??? And i'd rather type like one than look like one lmao.

Here is my favorite example of your stupidity, enjoy....

"Gee Idk ask the Serian rebels that over ran there goverment with nothing more than a sks or ak. "

Let's see if you can see where you went off the tracks.

You may hunt furbearers with a rifle chambered in any cartridge, except that during any open season for deer - including archery, muzzleloading and regular seasons - you may not possess a centerfire rifle afield, during the day or night, to hunt wildlife, including furbearers in any county or portion of a county where deer hunting with rifles is prohibited during the regular deer seasons.

Copied and pasted from dec regs. You can not have your gun loaded after sunset and claim you are hunting anything other then deer. It is under furbearer hunting regs. Know the regs and stay out of trouble.

As for orange ? You do not have to be mistaken as a deer to be shot. The hunter does not need to be aiming at you for you to be shot or a round go by your head. If you are a distance away and a deer is between you and the one shooting, that person may not see you if you are 100 yards off and in camo. They shoot and you are in line with what they know to 100% be a deer guess what could happen. Thinking another person has to think you are a deer and be aiming at you is ignorant. I look for guys in camo and orange, HOWEVER just because I do not see someone in camo does not mean they are not there. If everyone wore orange no orange would mean no hunter in your line of fire. Not seeing camo just means there might not be someone hideing in the brush 75 or 100 yards the other side of your target even if you are sure of what you are shooting and have a clear unmistakeable shot.

Wear orange and make sure your gun is unloaded after hours and you will stay safe and out of trouble.

You are misreading that. It does not say you cant have the rifle, it does not say it cant be loaded, and it does not say you cant hunt coyotes (or orhter furbearers) at night during deer season. It says you cant hunt for anything with a rifle (larger than .22 rimfire) in counties that prohibit hunting for deer with a rifle. It doesnt say you cant hunt for coyotes at night with a rifle in a county where deer hunting with a rifle is permitted (during deer season).

Read the regs correctly.

• Like 2

Some of these PIX are out of focus but they still give an idea about how dark it gets after sundown. Taken from a Sony digital camera in a thicket next to my yard looking north. There are mature pines to the west so this is about as dark as one is likely to encounter on average.

4:19 PM sundown 12-4-14

001_zpsb7be8255.jpg

4:29 PM 10 minutes after sundown.

002_zps57b1d3b5.jpg

4:39 PM 20 minutes after sundown.

003_zps4d9ff879.jpg

4:44 PM 25 minutes after sundown.

004_zps188459f8.jpg

4:49 PM 30 minutes after sundown.

005_zps3ecce6ba.jpg

The camera makes it look darker than it really is.

At 25 minutes after sundown there was plenty of light for game identification & iron sight use.

At 30 minutes it was getting "iffy". Definately too dark for iron sites, but I could still identify a target & W/good optics a shot would be ethical..

Edited by wildcat junkie

15 mins after sunset on Sunday

C6E71EF2-2815-4F6B-B702-DE8B16DE89CA_zps

It was still light enough to see when i finished gutting her and loaded her up

In "real life" it was about 5 minutes different compared to the PIX.

Yea still pretty bright there for sure

Better camera. As I said, my cheap little Sony didn't do too well with light transmittance.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1