Powder (pellets) life expectancy?

First-light

i have had tripple seven in the original box in a zip lock bag and the next year it was worthless barely pushed the bullet out i would not trust it i now use white hots they seem to be a better choice for several reasons they last longer and really clean up easy and do not foul the barrel as much 

I've been using the same pellets for about 6-7 years as well.

I just keep them in the original box they came in stored with all my other shooting supplies at a constant room temperature.

If I pre-load a few speed loaders that go back and forth through fluctuating outdoor temps in my pocket or pack, I'll chuck those by the end of the season or replace them at some point with a fresh charge just for piece of mind if I suspect there may be a need to.

Never ran into a problem with powder or pellets not igniting this way unless I forgot to prime it..... but that only happened once,lol

I have Tripple 7 pellets for about 5 years now. Last time is used it was in the spring of this year and the gun shot fine. Is it crazy to use it or should I go out and get new powder.

I probably have 15 pellets left.

Thanks,

FL

get new? hahaha, I can't find it anywhere.....you may have no choice but to shoot what you have.

Easy: initial sight in when I got ML. One or two shots pre season to check gun is on One or two shots during season. Even stuffing 3 down the g

I usually shoot just a couple (2 fifty grain pellets) to make sure its still on, and then one or two loads  on deer, if Im lucky,. Thats only 4 or 6 fifty grainers out of a box of 100 fifty grainers. Im good

I have a range I'm my back yard so I shoot all the time, I have had my CVA optima for a little over a year and have ran over 6 pounds of blackthorn through it. It's one of my favorite guns to shoot the steel targets with. I guess that's why it's hard for me to understand why anyone would only shoot 2 or 3 shots a year including hunting.