Comparing legal shooting time to driving the speed limit

regulat0r

he

When did this topic become about what you would do, Who cares? This is not about individuls , everyone has a different prospective.

So it's about everyone's different prospective?... which I believe is the same thing as everyone's "individual" prospective... and I believe the word you're looking for is perception, not prospective... or maybe you meant what everyone expects to happen in the future... not sure.

So it's about everyone's different prospective?... which I believe is the same thing as everyone's "individual" prospective... and I believe the word you're looking for is perception, not prospective... or maybe you meant what everyone expects to happen in the future... not sure.

I guess I shouldn't make posts after coming home from a Christmas Party, Sorry.

• Like 1

Maybe the after hours shooting is a winner/loser mentality... kind of like the guy that thinks the basket ought to count after the buzzer goes of in basketball when clearly the ball was still in his hands when time expired... the last resort to being the winner of the game when you are unable to get it done during the regular game time... maybe those hunters should resign themselves to paying for one of those high fence deer hunts where they are guaranteed a deer... then they can "win" every time and aren't tied down by the idea of fair chase.

• Like 1

Maybe the after hours shooting is a winner/loser mentality... kind of like the guy that thinks the basket ought to count after the buzzer goes of in basketball when clearly the ball was still in his hands when time expired... the last resort to being the winner of the game when you are unable to get it done during the regular game time... maybe those hunters should resign themselves to paying for one of those high fence deer hunts where they are guaranteed a deer... then they can "win" every time and aren't tied down by the idea of fair chase.

Maybe?  But we are pretty well sold out every year now and if even half of the hunters that use the best...and still safe..time to hunt tried to book hunts ranches would have to turn them down!  I would say by the sounds of it every time i sit in the woods, be it north or south, you would think there were no law and if the truth is known...there are some out there that do not know there is one.

Good thing for Ny..and their harvest needs,,, that people push the envelope because it sure does sound like alot of deer pile up in those magical 30 minutes on either side.

I guess I shouldn't think anything less of your opinion . I'm not desperate enough to want to break the law . You want to be an outlaw ..... you are STUPID !

I don't understand the comment. Is there supposedly something stupid about knowing the terms of the law? What exactly is "so stupid"? I don't get it.

Oh you must be talking about the wasted 30 minutes you can see just fine before and after?  I would say along with the hundreds but probably more like thousands of others that use those minutes. .Many agree!  

yes. the law is stupid. I think Eddie and Doc misread that. YOU'RE not stupid. The law is.

• Like 1

or you can hunt one of the bordering states that "gets it".

my apologies. wasn't meant that way. But I've made the point before and I'll continue to make it. We get our dander up over certain laws and we don't on others. I don't expect anyone to make any claims otherwise but I can guarantee we're not all obeying the safe act.

What the heck is the safe act

Maybe?  But we are pretty well sold out every year now and if even half of the hunters that use the best...and still safe..time to hunt tried to book hunts ranches would have to turn them down!  I would say by the sounds of it every time i sit in the woods, be it north or south, you would think there were no law and if the truth is known...there are some out there that do not know there is one.

Good thing for Ny..and their harvest needs,,, that people push the envelope because it sure does sound like alot of deer pile up in those magical 30 minutes on either side.

I'm sure you are sold out... with guys that have trouble killing a deer under fair chase rules... or inside NY legal shooting time... just like many of the NY hunters who find it necessary to kill deer outside legal shooting hours. I never said hunters didn't do it... just giving my opinion why... their lack of ability to kill a deer during the legal time. Glad they can find a shooting sport they enjoy... Just think how many more deer we could kill after dark.. just like coyote hunting... the safety record there is even better than deer hunting.

• Like 1

or you can hunt one of the bordering states that "gets it".

Yeah that would be an option... it's legal there... whether they get it or not... better yet, lets just give all those hunters that can't do it legally in NY a deer so they can show there friends... they could make up a story just like the one they tell when they kill one outside legal time... You know the story... the one about all the hours of scouting and practice they put in to finally have it pay off... just leave out the part about poaching it outside of legal shooting hours.