Boots for next season

the blur

This season, I started off with my usual 400gm boots.   My feet froze in short order.   I moved up to 800gm boots, and while much better, I was feeling it by the end of the day.  Not too bad, but I was feeling it.

Any one hunt with 1200 gm boots ?   I do a lot of walking up hill, and it took me a few times to get used to the 800 gr weight.

I am really considering moving up to 1200 grams.     Anyone have boots that heavy ?

If you are primarily stand hunting, buy a set of artice boot covers...cheaper and might do the trick. I can't imagine having 1,200 gram boots and being coled doing any hunting in NY other than on stand and idle.

There's quite a few 1,000 and 1,200 options out there, but wow, do they ever turn into moon boots. Anything over 1,000 and I sweat when making any serious walks to the stand.

• Like 1

My boots are 1200 grams. They are to warm for hiking but in the stand my toes still freezer after 3 hrs of being in the stand I can make it a little longer in the stand when I put the foot warmers in the boots but not much longer.

I had a pair of 1200 gram. boots gave them away after the first weekend of hunting on the side of the mountain. As phade  said boot covers work , But what realy helps too is to carry 2 pairs of socks with sock liners.And change them when you get to your stand or going to post for some amt. of time.

I have a pair of pack boots, rubber bottoms with nylon tops with replaceable liners or booties. They are light and warm.

I usually wear 1000 gram boots. They work well on most days. I stared out with 400 gram but had to move up. On  real cold days, I have a pair if 1600 gram Itsaca. My feet rarely get cold. The right sock combo plays a big part too.

Seems the older I get the higher the thinsolate number goes on my boots. If they don't come out with 10,000 gram boots in the next 5  years or so, …Im screwed .

The biggest thing is make sure the boots are big enough to allow a little space between the sock and your boot.

absolutely.....I normally wear size 11, this year I grabbed a pair of 13's that allowed extra socks and those stick on chemical foot warmers and still had some air space inside.......nice and warm.

• Like 1