Older Than Dirt Quiz

Doc

Much of this was 60 plus years ago

http://safeshare.tv/w/FEDEwZHZXu[/size][/size]

Great stuff, Fasteddie...Thanks...

Started out with Harry Truman...He was the only Democrat I ever would have voted for, if I were old enough to vote then.

I had forgotten the Viewmaster...I think I got mine with S&H Green Stamps...

Ralph Cramden..." One of these DAYS, Alice ! "

Edited by Pygmy

Much of this was 60 plus years ago

http://safeshare.tv/w/FEDEwZHZXu

Damn ...... Why on earth did that video affect me the way it did? That is so weird. Am I really all that disappointed in how the world turned out? To be fair, the 50's were my teen years. Of course life was good back then. Thanks Eddie for a great walk through my childhood.

At 73 I new them all, nothing like a old fart that still loves to shoot the bow, shoot the bull and just loves hunting with stick or gun...Hard to find other guys now, my age, I shot a 3D last year and won due to no other master senior left to shoot with...

That's funny Bill. You really won twice. Once for the 3D shoot and again for out-living all the rest. Good for you!

Sure thing TwoTrack. I spent a lot of my youth working on my grandfather's farm with a crank-start Farmall 'A'.

The real beast was the John Deere (model 'B' I think, with the tricycle wheel configuration). Open the two compression relief valves and spin the flywheel to start. I remember that being a lot of work for a skinny little 12 year old kid who probably weighed less than the flywheel.

ETA: Come to think of it, most of my memories from the list came from being with my grandparents. Including being toilet trained in an outhouse.

I was reminded on several occasions that I should have had a stronger grip on that crank when I wore the handle across the back of my hand.

• Like 1

Damn ...... Why on earth did that video affect me the way it did? That is so weird. Am I really all that disappointed in how the world turned out? To be fair, the 50's were my teen years. Of course life was good back then. Thanks Eddie for a great walk through my childhood.

When I 1st saw that video It reminded me that the 50's were the good old days . I remember the McCarthy witch hunts looking for Communists in our midst . I always wanted one of those chemistry sets to fool around with but my parents were smart enough to no buy one for me . Many of the cars in the 50's were really eye catchers .... now they all look alike . Oh yeah , I still have a Flexible Flyer Sled in the rafters of my garage ( I think ) .

I remember my Dad's '57 Chevy Bel Air...White and kind of a flesh color...

The 60's were my teen years, and I had 3 different '57 vehicles...A '57 Ford F-100, a '57 Ford Fairlane, and a '57 Dodge Coronet, complete with a 360, air, and a push button transmission.

It also had a back seat the size of a COUCH...Loved that car..<<grin>>....

My first car was a 53 Ford custom (I paid $35 for) that I had to replaced the trany in (for $15 myself) before I could put it on the road. Then I moved up to a 55 Chevy 2dr. hard top belair.  Sold them both way too cheap!  Wish I had both back now!  I do still have 2 of the flex flyer sleds in the barn, I want my kids to take them but they could care less. 

I do still have 2 of the flex flyer sleds in the barn, I want my kids to take them but they could care less.

Mr B.'s sister just sent us video from Texas...with one of their kids on his old flex flier sleding down the drive during their last ice storm...all the other neighbors were out watching them...lol

My first car was a 53 Ford custom (I paid $35 for) that I had to replaced the trany in (for $15 myself) before I could put it on the road. Then I moved up to a 55 Chevy 2dr. hard top belair.  Sold them both way too cheap!  Wish I had both back now!  I do still have 2 of the flex flyer sleds in the barn, I want my kids to take them but they could care less. 

I paid $40 for my '57 Chevy. It had a blown engine. We only had to go about 1/2 mile so my Dad had me start it up to see if we could limp it to the garage. It sounded like there was someone in the block W/a 16 oz hammer beating on the cylinder walls. We towed it W/a chain!

Swapped in a 301 SB. I had the fastest '57 Chevy in Irwin PA. Beat out the guy W/a 327 in the 3rd run of 2 outa 3. He blew his clutch right next to me shifting to 3rd in the tie breaker.

Edited by wildcat junkie