Shady McCoy to the Bills for Alonso?

The_Real_TCIII

So they Eagles traded away McCoy and his $10 million cap hit for Alonso and then sign DeMarco Murray for only $8 million against the cap?  Even as a die hard Giants fan, I have to admit the Eagles made out pretty nice.  The Bills on the other hand could have just kept Alonso and signed Murray but I guess the thought process is that Murray would never have left Dallas for a Buffalo.

So they Eagles traded away McCoy and his $10 million cap hit for Alonso and then sign DeMarco Murray for only $8 million against the cap?  Even as a die hard Giants fan, I have to admit the Eagles made out pretty nice.  The Bills on the other hand could have just kept Alonso and signed Murray but I guess the thought process is that Murray would never have left Dallas for a Buffalo.

You are forgetting the fact that statistically, Murray crossed one of the "no-no" territories - the number of carries.

There hasn't been a RB that broke 1,000 yards the season following that kind of workload since the 1980s. Every back to do it since...went downhill. Only one of the last 6 RBs to have this number of carries even played in all 16 regular season games the following year.

That is a major reason why Murray wasn't gobbled up on day 1 of FA. He's been rode hard and put away wet.

Edited by phade

You are forgetting the fact that statistically, Murray crossed one of the "no-no" territories - the number of carries.

There hasn't been a RB that broke 1,000 yards the season following that kind of workload since the 1980s. Every back to do it since...went downhill. Only one of the last 6 RBs to have this number of carries even played in all 16 regular season games the following year.

That is a major reason why Murray wasn't gobbled up on day 1 of FA. He's been rode hard and put away wet.

Very valid point.  Also the fact that DeMarco Murray's numbers were greatly enhanced by running behind the best offensive line in football.  He also has less mileage on his tires though.  Even if you consider McCoy to be the better back; to shave $2 in cap space and obtain a young promising LB and a slight downgrade at RB isn't a bad deal.

Very valid point.  Also the fact that DeMarco Murray's numbers were greatly enhanced by running behind the best offensive line in football.  He also has less mileage on his tires though.  Even if you consider McCoy to be the better back; to shave $2 in cap space and obtain a young promising LB and a slight downgrade at RB isn't a bad deal.

Getting that level carries has been nothing short of a death blow to a career in recent times. It'll be interesting to see if Murray can be the exception to the rule.

Chip had a plan A through K and I do not think he is on any of them! I can say this; he has made the free agency more exciting to watch than watching any of the NY football teams games over the past couple of years!! lol

Still lotta time and draft yet. I will not grade how it turns out till at least 3 or 4 games into the season.

The Bills signed Harvin? I don't ever remember this much preseason action ever in Bills history. Rex will change the whole team by opening day and then it will take half the season to learn to play together ending up with another 9-7 season! But we will still go to the games and buy all the merchandise. :angry:

Wonder how many catches Harvin has where he was more than 20 yards down the field?

4th team in how many years?

And the crowd chants, overrated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1