Hipster Hunting

scolopaxmatt

Hipsters don't drink PBR, college frat boys do. Hipsters drink microbrews and that horse piss guiness

I was never in a fraternity, but as I recall, as a broke college student in the early 80s, Blue Ribbon WAS the beer of choice. I think it was about $5/case.

Edited by Uncle Nicky

don't think anyone really thinks it bad for the sport. funny, ironic, kinda weird?, but definitely not bad.

First post of the thread was what mentioned arguing about the subject...

I may have to give Pabst another chance....I enjoyed it back in the 60s...A local tavern had PBR on tap at  20 cents a glass and it was very good.. I also drank plenty in cans and bottles and as I recall, it tasted fine...

For whatever reason, I hadn't drank a PBR in years and a few years back someone gave me one..It tasted AWFUL  !   Perhaps I got a skunky one or something, but I have avoided it ever since..

In the last few years, I have noticed  lots of people drinking Pabst..Not hipsters ( whatever the hell THEY are)  but old farts like myself. It is probably the single most popular brew at my local Legion post...

Perhaps when I stop by for a cold one this weekend, I'll surprise hell out of the barmaid and order a PBR instead of a Genny Lite...

This thread has happily blossomed beyond my intentions.  Cheap beer and camo skinny jeans, this is great. 

Did anyone mention Lumbersexuals yet? 

They make little blue pills for that....

Oh...Wait a minute....I thought you said LIMBERsexual....

Kinda like the early days of the internet..I used to have a hard drive, and now all I have is a four inch floppy....

Potsdam State back in - well lets just say a long time ago... When Playboy always ranked it as the #1 party school.

Tuborg Gold man what awful horsepiss..... we were poor though and Monday $1 pitchers, Tuesday 25 cent drafts, Wednesday two pints for a $1............. 

I was present at the last Keg Blast - 800 kegs oh man no wonder I did  not graduate from there!!! lol