cool mount

hunterman7956

Black Mane lion, looks a high fence hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen black manes that came from the Kalahari in Botswana, about as far from high fence as it gets.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

All that $$$$ and you get anatomically correctness too.

I have a couple of lifesizes....

When anyone looks at this Nyala, they never say, "what a great animal with great horns, must have been hell of a hunt."

No....they all take a peek and look for his junk and comment that it's there.(just hanging in the white of his inside/offside leg for those who also want to look close.LOL)

Too funny.

f490e566-e0a3-40c2-a54d-1bead19d2aea_zps

• Like 2

Pretty cool mount but dont the females do most of the real hunting?

Yes, but males not holding a pride are forced to go solo and fend for themselves.

Often they act in a coalition with another male, sometimes that will be a sibling.

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 2

That is a crazy looking mount! 

Adult male lions do hunt especially when out patrolling but as the lazy cats they are taking from the female is easer than hunting for themselves.  They are much larger than the females.   

Nice mount Dinsdale!  Love the color on the legs and the coat is pretty cool, O and the horns are impressive! 

• Like 1

Lets see some Kudo lamps......please.

IMG_2192.jpg

Horns are from an interesting animal that was anatomically challenged for a guy, one stunted testicle.

Female body characteristics, slender neck, and thin build; expected for deformed reproductive tract.

Decent horn length...about 53", but slender and not much mass for age, estimated about 6-7. Hot day, around 105* when hunting, took him about noon.

PH had been after him for a few years to get him out of the gene pool for the area, but we realised that breeding was a long shot after examination.

DSC00610_zpsmod3rxui.jpg

A solid male taken on the same hunt and just a few miles away....

DSC00545_zpss8u6ydiw.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice pics. I'm sure a great story to go along with them too! What gun were you using there?

That's a 375 H&H built by a smith in South Carolina, Leupold 2.5-8 on top. Shot quite a few animals on that trip from 25lb Duiker to 2100+lb Eland; 300gr Swift A-frames.....favorite bullet.