Lesson learned..always look....

growalot

Before reaching!...long day at work and I get home at 7 pm.....Mr B' s day is even longer..he got home at 8 pm...so I'm rushing around feeding the animals ,so I can start dinner before he gets home

Our cat has an insulated house on our deck and it has more insulation o st the top ..I pull back the cover to feed ,water,and install her bottle of very hot water to warm her space...Hey Jade as I bend over and reach in to pet her...

WTH..I had already reached it's nose before it registered I was looking into the face of a curled up RACCOON!!!!I nearly pulled my arm out of it's socket yanking it back...You can imagine what happened next...but the phone rang and I went to answer it..came back and dang it's gone!...I tracked it through the snow...it didn't go far...

• Like 1

Yes Jade was sitting on top of the tractor waiting for me to return...the block heater keeps her warm and cozy on nice days...She came right over after I came back out and started looking for tracks...I'm dang lucky it did't bite me when I touched it's nose!

No ..but then again it's snowed nearly every day so they'd been covered. I'll laugh about it tomorrow...but right now I still feel it's nose on the end of my fingers......

Come to think about it...I really am lucky....I still smelled of honey from cleaning hives all day....

Edited by growalot

I loved that commercial...these wild animals have my scheduled down! For I had given Jade her warm drinking water, food and Hot "heater" bottle before I left for work in the morning....she was curled up in her house....so the sizable visitor had come in during the day some time....There were 22 raccoons taken off the place ...apparently there are many more out there...